Don't allow URL's in player names [gambling sites]

Real Prison Mike

Kick players with URL's in the name with the message, the URL needs to be removed.

Many other servers don't allow URL's, not because of promoting other servers, but to not allow promoting scam and gambling sites. A lot of players are teenagers, as young as 13 - 14 years old playing rust. Let's face that. Promoting skin roulette sites, gambling and blatant scams is not morally acceptable the right thing to do. If we crack down on raciscm, harassment, bigotry, promoting drugs etc., we should be consequent and put promoting gambling of all kind and blatand scam sites through the players name to the list too. 

Edit:
To add to that, many gambling sites don't really write on their pages, that they are gambling sites. "The true immersive Rust gaming experience", for example. Stuff like that.
For the record, i don't think gambling as an adult should be illegal. Do what you want, i don't judge. But allowing to advertise for those sites should not be ok. With most of those sites you have to login with your steam account. May these sites get hacked, and your account is gone. Also, a naive kid maybe doesn't even realize, that you can gamble away your own skins for - let's say - a glory AK, one of the most valuable skins in Rust. Sites like gambling sites are really good in tricking you into losing money and your own skins. I know, Rust is for adults, but lets think back when you were young. Kids do what they want. If the parents do not allow them to play the game, the will probably get it anyway, somehow.

Edited by Real Prison Mike
  • Like 1

• Real Prison Mike changed the title to Don't allow URL's in player names [gambling sites]

While I agree that most gambling sites are predatory, this isn't really something that should be censored in the EZ community.

Rust is rated for mature audiences of 17+, and the RustEZ community is also for mature audiences.

If there are 13 year olds playing, then it's up to their parents/guardians to monitor their children's online activities, not the EZ community.

Sorry, this is a no from me.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

This is probally not the answer you are looking for but I would have to agree with Postanou on this one. We are a mature community and as it does not break the terms of service under section 3 published by Facepunch either we don't think its necessary to moderate it at this point in time.

Since in game names are set through steam it might be best to report it to steam if you feel it breeches their terms of service.