Raidable bases

Marlon

• Staff

Hiya Marlon! πŸ™‚
We do have the NPC garrison that explosives can be used on, have you tried one yet? they come in stone, metal and HQM. You can find the garrisons on the spawn coast, this is the map for the current wipe on Scourge.
https://rustmaps.com/map/4500_1056760393#PlayerSpawnsHeatMap

Β 

I was thinking about your idea, do you mean like a spawn able base event, much like buying a mass supply drop or like an apache distress signal from the /shop BM?
If you haven't heard already the subscriber only (mostly- Death does open it up occasionally to VIP) server Elysium has NPC's at most monuments, making it quite a challenge.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

EZ servers have NPC Garrisons on our modded servers Survival and Scourge which I must admit is a bit behind its time compared to some other NPC base plugins that are out there. In saying that it has been something @DeathΒ has been wanting to update and expand for a while but unfortunately server performance has taken precedence.

Please let us know what features you would like to see in raidable bases, some that I would like to see are;
- Multiple levels of difficulty
- Multiple bases on the map (tie in with difficulty)
- Active raid zone to lock it to a player for a given time while raiding
- Random loot tables
- Traps and NPCs
Β 

• Like 1

Raidable Bases plugin has all of those things you mentioned. 5 difficulty levels starting from wood which can be raided at early game using molotovs, satchels, up to full hqm bases.

Instead of random spawning them automatically, I suggest they are bought using net worth when really needed.

In PVE there really is no use for molotovs, rockets, c4, explo ammo so that aspect of the game is completely missing. Peacefull raiding without counters (except the NPC base guards :D) brings a similar joy to peacefull farming and would extend the game due to explosives being quite expensive to make.

To not put that extra load on the server, simultanious base count can also be limited.

• Like 3