Using the Industrial System to keep material in your Tool Cupboard.

Celsus

Not sure if everyone is aware of how useful the new Industrial System is on servers where there is upkeep, like Scourge. So I thought I'd make a post about how I use the system to keep my TC stocked with materials.

First, I see how much of each material type I need per 24 hours. For my current base, I can easily fit two days worth of material in the TC:

ukK8dkK.jpg

I multiplied the 24 hour amount of each resource by 2 and got the exact number. In this case, it worked out to 148,156 Stones, 19,960 Wood and 2,885 Metal Fragments for 48 hours.

5mFwI3K.jpg

Next, I placed three Industrial Conveyors, one for each resource type, next to the TC, and one Industrial Combiner at the top to join the outputs together. Then I placed a Storage Adaptor on the top of the TC and connected the output of each Conveyor to the Combiner, then the output of the Combiner to the input of the Storage Adaptor on the TC.

Each Conveyor requires one Rust Watt of power. Unlike most electrical components, the industrial components do not themselves consume one Rust Watt just for existing in the circuit, so in this case, three Rust Watts is all it takes to power all three Conveyors. They are daisy-chained together, the electrical passthrough of each Conveyor is joined to the input of the next one in line.

H5fJ4G1.jpg

I placed a Storage Adaptor onto Large Storage Boxes on nearby shelving and connected the output of each to the appropriate input of the Conveyors next to my TC. As long as I keep these boxes filled with the correct resources, the Conveyor can pull from it to keep the TC stocked.

IPQjsK3.jpg

Holding 'E' on the Industrial Conveyor will let you enter it's interface (it has a gear icon). At the top of the interface is a field labeled 'Item Search'. In this case, I'm adjusting the Stones Conveyor, so I typed 'Stones' in this field, then clicked on the correct resource that came up in the list, then clicked 'Add' to add that resource to the Current Items section below. I then clicked on the field labeled 'Max' and entered '148156' (two days worth of Stones) and pressed Enter. I leave the other fields empty. I then repeated this for each resource type in the other Conveyors.

Once the Conveyors are switched on, and provided they continue to have at least one power, they will take resources from the Large Storage Boxes and move them to the TC until the amount in the Max field is reached. As the TC consumes the resources, the Conveyors will keep them topped up.

• Like 1
  • Love 1