Instanced or Limiting shops in Bandit/Outpost

its mainly for resources such as pickles, wood, stone... etc. Many people buy them to help them grow on the server, pickles specifically. but the problem comes down to you got a handful, maybe like 4 or 5 people, buying 90% of the stock. ESPECIALLY PICKLES!!!! and theres some people, myself included, who cant stay up til midnight every single night to wait for the shops to restock. i wake up at 4:30 every morning for work. its not fair for those people who go to buy pickles, or wood or other resources and theres none left. I also spend my hard earned money on this server. money that i worked for because i think this is a great server. one of the best pve servers ive ever played on. but honestly if im not gonna be able to purchase these specific things to help myself grow on the server its almost pointless for me playing. i might aswell play a different server where it is more balanced as far as shops go. So im not sure exactly what the solution would be, either instancing shops so everyone has their own supply of resources. or maybe limiting how many resources people can buy in a 24 hour period. im not sure how it works. but i do know that for people like me its not fair when we cant access these things bc of the 4-5 people that buy it all out. and yes i know for a fact there is atleast 1 person buying 500k scrap worth of pickles. and if theres 9,999,999 pickles in the shop thats a third of the pickles gone. its just not fair and its demotivating when i log on and theres none for me to have aswell. Thank you

• Staff

I understand how you feel and I remember when Facepunch originally implemented the limit system. Due to that change it was acknowledged that system wouldn't work on PvE servers as it was implemented to address a problem on PvP servers. The raising of the current stock you experience today was a quick fix to bypass Facepunch's restrictions and the limit resetting daily was made to not flood the market however its becoming more apparent that some players are taking advantage of the current system.

Apart from the little history lesson above I would like to thank you for your suggestions for addressing the current issue and it is something that will help with rewriting the current system to accomidate our servers better. 

• 4 months later...

Could it be coded in for larger restocks throughout the day? Not just at reset. Or just up the restock tick to 1mil wood instead of 10k.

I have also seen on other servers where they added more vending machines at outpost over across from the gambling car where the garage doors are.

Edited by Besieged