Banned by Death

This is Jerran. Im not sure what to say here. Im sure that server staff hear every excuse in existence from banned players so I will be to the point.

Death banned me today because I said "sup n-words" in global chat shortly after logging in to RustEZ Pure. I had heard that the community had a zero tolerance policy against racism, but I wasn't aware that it was so strict that you cannot even use the words that REFER to racism in chat. It was not my intention to be racist, it was more meant as a joke, really. But I guess I offended some people including death, and so I am now banned.

I apologise for any offence I caused, and if given a second chance will avoid such language in future, now that I am aware that it is not allowed.

Please reconsider my ban. I have been on this server for a while now, and have also bought VIP. The server is one of the friendliest places I know of in rust, which has a reputation for being a quagmire of toxicity. It would be a shame to lose access to such a welcoming place because of a slip of the toungue.

I stand by what I said. I know I was unpleasant, but the world IS a harsh place and denying that is naive. I wasn't autobanned so I was given some confidence that what I had said might be within the server rules. I don't think that being a little rude and using a term that is used to REFER TO a hurtful word is an offence worthy of permanent exile.

Edited by Jerran
  • Staff

Hello Jerran.

Thank you for appealing. 

With the current cancel culture in the world, racism in all aspects of society is being closely scrutinized.  While we do understand that it still heavily permeates music, comedy, movies, and other media, it is something we do not feel is appropriate to have in our servers.

The reference to the Word such as what were used on your account, are not welcome in any context.

This is plainly stated on the server's loading screen before you enter.

Additionally, this is also stated on Facepunch's Terms of Service. https://support.facepunchstudios.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007485418-Banned-for-Racism-Homophobia

Here are some resources that you can explore to learn more:

guidetoallyship.com
https://guidetoallyship.com/

Anti-Racism Glossary
https://www.rwjbh.org/why-rwjbarnabas-health-/ending-racism/anti-racism-glossary/

Anti-Racism Resources
https://www.rwjbh.org/why-rwjbarnabas-health-/ending-racism/anti-racism-resources/

You have already had a temp ban that was placed on your account in the past with clear instructions to review the rules before rejoining our community. 
You were also informed at that time that any further rule infraction may result in the ban being reinstated.

To see you be banned does bother me as you have been a part of our community for awhile now and should have known better.
You have seen many players banned for this and similar reasons and offences.

The ban will not be lifted.

You are solely responsible for what happens on your account. 
We wish you the best of luck.

Well fuck. And I suppose I can't appeal this later due to my previous temp ban. This really stinks. US Pure was my favourite server to play on and I meant what I said when I said that it was one of the friendliest places in rust. I enjoyed the atmosphere of the server and I doubt that there are many others like it.

It's a shame that your rules around this subject are so rigid, you're going to lose a lot of good people who didn't mean to do any harm.

• Staff

Our server is the way it is because of the rules and policies in place.

Any player can appeal a ban/mute again at a later date.

Racism and Racist innuendoes are harmful. It's a shame you don't think so. 

We wish you the best of luck on your future gaming endeavors.

• Love 1