US Pure Ban GLIZZY_GOBBLER_21

• Staff

Offender: GLIZZY_GOBBLER_21        Battlemetrics | Steam
Server: US Pure
Time: 5/14 7:43 PM EST
Length: 5 days
Reason: Player harrassment and Griefing
More Info (Optional):

On 5/13 It was discovered that GLIZZY had created a base that would trap players for hours unless they paid 500 scrap for the opportunity to open the door without waiting for the 3 hour timer.  GLIZZY was told trap bases were not allowed on our server, and was asked at this time to modify his build such that it was no longer a trap for players wandering by. 

after GLIZZY made alterations to the circuit(s) controlling the trap base, it was eventually checked on by the admin team a second time and found to still fall within the realm of a trap base.  

on 5/14 the player was again warned for creating a trap base and asked to refrain from building more trap bases in the future.  

also on 5/14 after i logged in i was called to another players base claiming they needed some devices removed from their base.  Upon arriving at the players location, their base was spammed with 7 cassette recorders repeating annoying noises, and were placed out of reach of the owner to be able to remove them.  Investigation revealed GLIZZY and his teammate were the players who placed the recorders after a prior interaction with that player didnt go how they would have liked.  This harrassment caused the player to move their entire base location to avoid the griefing and harrassment. 

Given the recent continued string of actions meant solely to impair the gameplay of others on our server, a 5 day ban was issued with the intention to curb this behavior and bring GLIZZY back in line with the server rules we have in place so everyone can enjoy our community. 

Screenshot 2023-05-14 184418.png

Screenshot 2023-05-14 180516.png

Screenshot 2023-05-14 180647.png

Screenshot 2023-05-14 180722.png

Screenshot 2023-05-14 180845.png

Screenshot 2023-05-14 180917.png

Hello, first of all, the trap base was disabled by me, I turned all of the electricity off after the admin, NorthStarz, gave me a warning. And I did not throw those cassette tapes, my teammate did. I do not know why if it says it was thrown by me, but I can assure you it is not. And may I ask, why did you blur out the "Owner" and "SteamID" sections? I also do not understand why you banned me and not my teamate. Thank you!

Edited by GLIZZY_GOBBLER_21
  • Staff

Thank you for participating in the appeal process!

Upon investigation of the recorder incident, logs showed you BOTH placed the recorders, if you didnt place any, as you claim, your steam ID would not have shown up while viewing those deployables.  

We do thank you for disabling the trap base however it took three rounds of speaking to you about it and an official warning to have the issue completely resolved. 

The owner of the base and their individual steam ID is removed to protect that players privacy, and is irrelevant to the overall issue. 

You were given a temporary ban as the original post said, because this is multiple instances in a very short timeframe of your actions disturbing or impairing the gameplay of others on our server, a temporary ban was handed down instead of a permanent in hopes that you will learn from these mistakes and rejoin us as a rule-abiding and community oriented player.  

The ban will not be lifted and will be allowed to expire after the original 5 day timeframe, during this break please use the time to review and become familiar with the server rules prior to your return.

We look forward to having you back,

-a3

So you cross my path randomly, ask for a gun while running behind me. I tell you I don't have, and leave me alone. You go away and I thought that's it.

Then you come to my base and place a recorder playing sounds. I ask a GM to remove it (Vishious I think) and it's done.

Later, you came back and place another device. No answer from any GM this time, the only thing I could do was turning off the noise.

Then, days later, not happy with that, you and your friend bug my entire base. And now you ask for mercy? Just admit your mistake and move on.

The only thing you're right is that is was a team job (fresh captures) and you both deserve to be banned

RustClient_0LMtJCuYTH.jpg

RustClient_gDSsdt79ul.jpg

justme, i understand that what we have done is technically harassment, but i remember when my friend ran up to you asking for a gun (yes i know he can sound very annoying) but it doesn't enable you to start screaming and threatening to call the admin on him. one of the server rules is to not be rude to other players.

i do think that the punishment is unfair since it wasn't glizzy placing the recorders but me, yes it was our idea to do it, but i am the one who did it and i think a warning would have been more than enough for us to stop

you act like you have done nothing wrong but the reason why we even did it was because of how rude you were to him and what we did was incredibly harmless (yes, annoying but harmless) where we could have done something much worse we opted for something minor. 

i wish i had the interaction recorded so the admins could have a clearer image of the whole infraction and to show that you aren't as innocent as you have claimed you are

if anything i want to take the ban because he didn't do what he is accused of and i have done more of it than him

thank you for reading this, goodnight 🙂 

• Staff
31 minutes ago, pissman said:

justme, i understand that what we have done is technically harassment, but i remember when my friend ran up to you asking for a gun (yes i know he can sound very annoying) but it doesn't enable you to start screaming and threatening to call the admin on him. one of the server rules is to not be rude to other players.

i do think that the punishment is unfair since it wasn't glizzy placing the recorders but me, yes it was our idea to do it, but i am the one who did it and i think a warning would have been more than enough for us to stop

you act like you have done nothing wrong but the reason why we even did it was because of how rude you were to him and what we did was incredibly harmless (yes, annoying but harmless) where we could have done something much worse we opted for something minor. 

i wish i had the interaction recorded so the admins could have a clearer image of the whole infraction and to show that you aren't as innocent as you have claimed you are

if anything i want to take the ban because he didn't do what he is accused of and i have done more of it than him

thank you for reading this, goodnight 🙂 

Players arent obligated, nor is it a rule to be a personable person to random strangers soliciting for a weapon.  While we do promote community oriented gameplay, many players simply want to do their thing and be left alone.  

You were only warned, and not temp banned because you dont have a history of player harrassment/griefing during your time on our server.  

If your interaction with others requires admin assistance you should be seeking one out in-game or on discord, because taking matters into your own hands and retaliating will more than likely run you into a speaking to or warning just like this time.  

As the appeals process has been sorted in this case and bans/appeals are between the player and issuing admin, please keep this thread clear of any more side chatter, thanks!

-a3

• Staff

again, asking players to leave your base isn't against the rules.  Remaining in or around the base after being asked to leave by another player would be considered harrassment/griefing though.  the interaction you had with them in no way, shape, or form, justifies harassment as retaliation.