[PVE Scourge] Concerns about changes made to Server

Xarrus

Hi,

My group of friends and I (we're at least 8 players strong), have been on the server since at least June 2022, though have taken a break once or twice cause of life stuff.

As we mainly play PvE, we've noticed that a lot of things have been nerfed, or features being removed, either by Facepunch or RustEZ, which has had a side effect of making the game/server less fun.

Now, some of these nerfs are due to bugs, which I get, so I'll list some of the things that have been nerfed:

• Loot from Helicopters and Bradleys bought from the shop has diminishing returns. The loot you used to get is not as good as it once was. 
  • Pumpjacks (both Public and Store Bought), produce at least 50% less Low Grade, than what we usually got, meaning that it's no longer worth buying things from the RustEZ store.
  • Animals being removed from the server. Now I get this may be to do with server performance, but this has impacted quality of life for some of us.
  • Farming, for example Hemp, doesn't seem to be profitable anymore. Now we're spending more time farming, than actually getting to play the game.

These are just some of the things that come to mind.

Now with the overstacking "bug" being "fixed" means that pickle farming, which was one of the last remaining way  to make a profit to net worth, is now no longer profitable and would now be considered as a huge chore.

I would like to hear Admin's opinion on this, as after speaking with Bio and voicing our concerns, he suggested that I should make this post.

We don't really want to leave, as this server at least has a great community, but with these changes, it's hard to see why we should stay.

Cheers Big Ears,

- Xarrus, Tamzone, Stoned Warrior, Samiie, Tyr, Bee, Oms, Tuttle, Vellonary (aka Mango), Nightwalker, BlIzzardwolf

Edited by Xarrus
  • Like 4

• Xarrus changed the title to [PVE Scourge] Concerns about changes made to Server

Hey Tiff, Sorry I don't think I explained it well, but what I mean is when trying increase our net worth, we're spending more time trying make money, to buy stuff from the RustEZ in-game store, like Helicopters, Bradleys... you know... fun stuff, or even just trying to buy a 5.56 round to research for over $2k on the main page.

• Like 2

Everytime we find away to make networth it gets nerfed... we started farming pickles to get the low grade we need for Big X, due to public pumpjacks being nerfed, but now the stacks have been reduced again well have to log in every couple of hours to refill them. The game is starting to feel like a chore, were all so busy doing our own thing farming trying to make network that we havent been out to shoot anything or have fun in days now... The game is loosing its enjoyablity 😞

• Like 2

When we first joined the server, there also used to be Raidable Bases, but again, maybe due to server performance issues, they got removed as well. The server seems to have become a creative server and less of a PvE server.

It just seems like some of the decisions being made are kind of killing the server, but that's only from our point of view.

We tried a server tonight that was FULLY PvE; Raidable AI Bases, Animals, Hordes of Zombies armed with Chainsaw, Guns and Grenades, and AI Bosses that randomly roam the map, which just reminded us when we first joined the server (except it didn't have AI Bosses and less Zombies).

I know in Death posted in RustEZ General Chat in Discord, that the reason for the overstacking fix was because of excessive farming. We actually like the farming aspect of the game.

I don't know... just providing feedback as asked.

• Like 2

• Staff

Thanks for your feedback and hopefully I can shine some light on a few of the things you mentioned. The changes we make from Facepunch vanilla form are to help create a better PvE experience as Facepunch version is tailored towards PvP. Since we have a wide spectrum of play styles it’s not always easy to please everyone.

23 hours ago, Xarrus said:

Loot from Helicopters and Bradleys bought from the shop has diminishing returns. The loot you used to get is not as good as it once was.

Loot is based on Facepunch, though we have made changes to the stacks sizes of ammo, rockets and some other items this was done when instancing was brought in. It was to minimise groups from gaining to much to fast, unfortunately it doesn’t favour solo players but these events are designed to do in groups.

Pumpjacks (both Public and Store Bought), produce at least 50% less Low Grade, than what we usually got, meaning that it's no longer worth buying things from the RustEZ store.

To clarify they do not produce 50% less they still produce 1:1 (1 lgf > 1 crude) but the rate at which it’s processed has been slowed down.

Animals being removed from the server. Now I get this may be to do with server performance, but this has impacted quality of life for some of us.

This as you have said is to help performance. They do get turned on every now and then, however when we can guarantee no performance hits they will come back.

Farming, for example Hemp, doesn't seem to be profitable anymore. Now we're spending more time farming, than actually getting to play the game.

I can’t think of anything we have done to nerf farming it’s what ever facepunch have changed in relation to rates. If it’s the over sized stacks from vendors you are referring to then our solution is far better than the vanilla one facepunch nerfed it to a while back.

18 hours ago, Xarrus said:

When we first joined the server, there also used to be Raidable Bases, but again, maybe due to server performance issues, they got removed as well.

Our version just became outdated over time but works on a new version is on the list to be done. Unfortunately due to the many performance hits we have had a lot of the time has been diverted towards having stable servers to play on. I can’t give a ETA on when though.

again thanks for your feedback as we will review this when making changes to better our servers

Hey all, not my thread but I also wanted to show my interest in the return of the animals when possible. It was one of the aspects of the game that I enjoyed the most. Would very much appreciate for them to return. Thanks for your work everyone.