Banned Player - Demonic - [AU] Survival

• Staff

Offender: Demonic (76561197998352541) (561677495)
Server: [AU] Survival
Time: 12:50 AEST, September 18th
Length: Permanent until appealed
Reason: Harassment
More Info: The harassment originates from two separate incidents:

1. A verbal altercation in discord after an accident with a public patrol heli event
  2. An insulting message written on the ground with a spraycan at a monument

A ban has been implemented in an effort to allow the offender time to re-evaluate whether the EZ community is a good fit for their playstyle.

I MR Demonic from AU Survival Server wish to appeal the banning action --> 

Offender: Demonic (76561197998352541) (561677495)
Server: [AU] Survival
Time: 12:50 AEST, September 18th
Length: Permanent until appealed
Reason: Harassment
More Info: The harassment originates from two separate incidents:

A verbal altercation in discord after an accident with a public patrol heli event

An insulting message written on the ground with a spraycan at a monument   

on the first matter of discord incident    starth a fellow player  tag a public heli  at the hqm quarry   and started attacking it  and i was in my garden planting crops and i posted in chat (should be logged in battlemetrics)  could you please watch my base as it is next to hqm qarry down by the river  and next min the heli started rocketing my base  destroying my attack heli  kill a horse and damage my base   i posted again  in  chat  please watch out for my base  (again should be battlemetrics logs)  as proof   after having no reply   i jump on discord and i didnt yell or scream as people said  all i said was  im not happy that someone took heli there where my base was  and that it was damaged by it  and the three people in there starth and sweet tooth and RONAu  basically laugh at me saying that part of the game  and i left   

i also contact  Elixil  who is leadership  when the incident happen  via dm on discord 

on the 2nd matter  "The Spray can incident"     the words """ hi campers """ was written   i dont know how that word is "An insulting message"  as it not targeting any person by name or nature 

i dont think either matter is worth a ban but i will say sorry to anyone who i have offend or hurt in the above incidents   i love this server,  i was an admin once on this server  stop due to health issues  

if you guys approve this appeal or denied this   there will be no further issues from me  

thank you 
Demonic 

• Staff

Hi Demonic,

Thank you for appealing your ban.

On 9/18/2023 at 5:58 PM, coldheartdeath said:

[...] on the first matter of discord incident    starth a fellow player  tag a public heli  at the hqm quarry   and started attacking it  and i was in my garden planting crops and i posted in chat (should be logged in battlemetrics)  could you please watch my base as it is next to hqm qarry down by the river  and next min the heli started rocketing my base  destroying my attack heli  kill a horse and damage my base   i posted again  in  chat  please watch out for my base  (again should be battlemetrics logs)  as proof   after having no reply   i jump on discord and i didnt yell or scream as people said  all i said was  im not happy that someone took heli there where my base was  and that it was damaged by it  and the three people in there starth and sweet tooth and RONAu  basically laugh at me saying that part of the game  and i left  [...]

BM shows the following:

• 4:50 PM [ezEvents] Spawned patrolhelicopter[452632135] at (0.0, 0.0, 0.0)
  • 4:52 PM Starth was killed by Force
  • 4:52 PM Demonic: watch my base
  • 4:53 PM Starth[76561197996311922] has spawned
  • 4:54 PM Starth was killed by patrolhelicopter (entity)
  • 4:54 PM Starth[76561197996311922] has spawned
  • 4:54 PM Demonic was killed by Force
  • 4:54 PM Calling kill - but already IsDestroyed!? fireball[0]
  • 4:54 PM Demonic[76561197998352541] has spawned
  • 4:54 PM Calling kill - but already IsDestroyed!? assets/bundled/prefabs/fireball.prefab
  • 4:55 PM Starth: wtf ...get back here lol
  • 4:56 PM Starth: and why was he not rocketing me?
  • 4:56 PM Demonic: he was hitting my base
  • 4:56 PM Invalid Position: servergibs_patrolhelicopter[453314935] (1325.4, -503.4, -1226.9) (destroying)
  • 4:56 PM Demonic: thats why i said watch my base
  • 4:56 PM Starth: no idea why ...unless that was you that also fired at him
  • 4:57 PM Demonic: i was going my garden
  • 4:57 PM Demonic: doing
  • 4:57 PM Pezza 681: Don't have to shoot at heli to be agro'd on by heli
  • 4:57 PM Starth: no but i saw someone else shooting at him
  • 4:59 PM Starth: i was just saying that if he shot at it that might be why it fired the rockets at him
  • 5:03 PM Starth: who ever shot him as well there is an m2 in the loot ..../tp to me to grab the loot
  • 5:04 PM Starth: i was sure i hit him while i was up again
  • 5:05 PM Starth: maybe i missed since i still do not have a holo on my m2 lol
  • 5:15 PM Demonic: how do u heal a horse that got rocket by heli it kill one wounded other
  • 5:15 PM Pezza 681: food
  • 5:16 PM Demonic: thx

There are several key pieces of information in the above output:

1. Your death at 4:54 PM was caused by "Force" - which means the Patrol Helicopter fired on you with either explosive rockets, or the door gunners
  2. Starth indicates in chat at 4:56 PM that he saw another player in the vicinity shooting at the Patrol Helicopter
  3. Starth realises at 5:03 PM another player had dealt enough damage to the Patrol Helicopter for the instancing to allocate loot

Typically when a player engages the Patrol Helicopter at a monument such as the  HQM quarry, they do so from the small box that surrounds the spawn point. They are also typically beyond the range of any tool cupboards they are authed onto. This means that the Patrol Helicopter should only shoot incendiary rockets, in addition to the door gunners' fire. The fact Starth evidenced another player in the area who shot at the Patrol Helicopter in combination with the instancing determining another player had done sufficient damage to be awarded loot is indicative of someone who was geared in the area drawing the aggro of the Patrol Helicopter.

The demeanour in which you confronted Starth on Discord following these events was also reported to admins as disrespectful conduct that is similar in nature to previous entanglements.

On 9/18/2023 at 5:58 PM, coldheartdeath said:

on the 2nd matter  "The Spray can incident"     the words """ hi campers """ was written   i dont know how that word is "An insulting message"  as it not targeting any person by name or nature

The context for this incident stretches across several wipes. After players already at launch site engaged with and killed a Bradley from a signal you purchased, you took it upon yourself to attack them personally by writing on the ground with a spray can.

This behaviour is not how we would like the community to conduct themselves when dealing with these matters and must be corrected by admins across all servers when it is recognized.

After consultation with EZ Leadership, we have decided to accept your appeal, with the caveat that the ban will stay in place for 3 days to allow you to reflect on how the situation could have been better handled.

If you have further queries in this matter please reach out to an [AU] Survival staff member.

- Squog
Head Admin
[AU] Survival