Quarry and Pumpjack Yields

Theodore Baggins

I've been trying to see if my idea for a larger heli base would be sustainable on my own or if I should team up with someone else. However, because Scourge is modded, I've found it difficult to figure out the numbers for things based off of my own googling. Our quarries don't require diesel, so the standard figures from rustlabs aren't as helpful. I figured that you all might have the numbers; if not, I can do some math and update this post so others can reference it!

1. What is the consumption rate of low grade in a pumpjack? I understand the yield is 1 lgf to 1 crude here.
  2. What is the consumption rate of low grade in the quarries? And the yield rate? If it is simply the same yield but x amount of lgf = 1 diesel, then I'll do the math.

Thanks so much for your help!

image.png.0dd3d0d918c2f44dbfc7cbe1251a9f00.png

• Staff

1lgf makes 1 crude. 1 crude makes 3 lgf when refined.
In vanilla quarries used to run off low grade but was changed awhile ago to diesel.
Most players will run GE (Giant excavator) over the quarry. The rates of GE are roughly a third vanilla, stone being a quarter of vanilla. The quarries in comparison run much slower, but are still good to get on the side if you are max/min everything or just want to take a chill route for the wipe.

I think I maybe didn't explain things quite right—I'm on Scourge, so I've been trying to figure out what the lgf fuel consumption and yield is for each of the quarries, and how much crude I can produce with a lvl 1 pumpjack a day. The picture was more just what I found for vanilla, but I know that one lgf definitely doesn't convert to diesel haha! Are there numbers for like yield per day on Scourge? I may hop on and try running things for 10 minutes to see how much I get.

2 hours ago, Theodore Baggins said:

I think I maybe didn't explain things quite right—I'm on Scourge, so I've been trying to figure out what the lgf fuel consumption and yield is for each of the quarries, and how much crude I can produce with a lvl 1 pumpjack a day. The picture was more just what I found for vanilla, but I know that one lgf definitely doesn't convert to diesel haha! Are there numbers for like yield per day on Scourge? I may hop on and try running things for 10 minutes to see how much I get.

From the testing I have done previously (on Survival and also pure before the change to vanilla diesel rates), the pumpjacks and public quarries convert 1 LGF to 1 unit of output every 20sec. So a pumpjack will convert 3xLGF to 3xCrude per minute or 180xLGF to 180xCrude per hour or 4320xLGF to 4320xCrude per day.

I haven't played Scourge for a couple of wipes so you may need to do your own testing there to confirm.

When doing your own testing I'd recommend you ignore the first yield as the pumpjack seems to cycle continuously every x seconds. If x=20sec and you place the LGF mid cycle, you'll get 10sec for the first result then 20sec each time thereafter thus tainting your results. 

The units of production for the quarries, from memory, are:

Stone: 1xLGF = 20xstone and 4xmetal ore

Sulfur: 1xLGF = 4xsulfur ore

HQM: 1xLGF = 1xHQM ore

Hope that's helpful

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 12/18/2023 at 11:02 PM, BigDave said:

Stone: 1xLGF = 20xstone and 4xmetal ore

Sulfur: 1xLGF = 4xsulfur ore

HQM: 1xLGF = 1xHQM ore

Hope that's helpful

This seems to be correct. From some of MeatLauncher's spreadsheet, I can see magic number seems to be 4320LGF/day. The math leads to, powered by LGF, the public quarries will yield:

Sulfur => 17280
Stone / Metal => 86400 / 17280
HQM => 4320

However, as I learned (just leaving here for reference to others), the giant excavator offers far higher quantities per day, when fed from the conversion to diesel, and is more efficient even considering the conversion: 4.44 sulfur per LGF vs 4. However, you have to hop on every 18 hours to get maximum yield. More info in that sweet spreadsheet!