Stackable production entities

Xtacle

To reduce lag, especially on scourge.

Make production entities, like Furnaces(all kinds), refineries, and even power production(Windmills are a huge load-in lag entity), stackable like the PJ's. Would probably reduce a lot of lag, and also make some bases more compact. Because having to load 200-500 electric furnaces at some locations, and the server side math that has to take place for them, probably causes some issues in the end. Maybe 5 stacks for power, and 10 stack for furnace/refinery.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I second this - I'm thinking they could be upgraded similar to a pumpjack? From a base size perspective, it'd allow much more compact builds, and from a rendering perspective, there'd be far fewer entities. Some of the megafactories, especially if they have windows to show off all their furnaces (cough @Sawyer cough), create what amounts to no-fly zones nearby. I imagine upgradeable electrical furnaces may be more difficult to code because they would require different amounts of power, but I think starting with the large furnaces and refineries would make the biggest difference, since everyone has to place those outside. 

• Like 1