Skin shop clean up

The skins are nice, but so many... Seems to be hurting performance.

In my case, loading the shear amount of pants just crashed Rust. There's like 20 pages I think???

A lot of these are just cheap or clearly made in like less than a hour...

Can't we clean it up a bit to improve performance?

• Like 1

• Staff
10 hours ago, Lord McGuffin said:

The skins are nice, but so many... Seems to be hurting performance.

In my case, loading the shear amount of pants just crashed Rust. There's like 20 pages I think???

A lot of these are just cheap or clearly made in like less than a hour...

Can't we clean it up a bit to improve performance?

I am personally looking forward to the cleanup and hope I am able to help work on cleaning it up. If there is one thing I enjoy doing its going though pages and pages of things/logs/skins 😃
Almost call myself a deep reader when it comes to things like that.

• Love 1

8 hours ago, Death said:

Be sure to downvote these skins. I'm working on a web panel to make processing skins easier so we can remove these skins in mass to make room for new ones.

Rather than rely on voting, or just voting, could you have a function where if a skin hasn't been used in X amount of time, it gets removed? Or even: been used less than X amount of times in Y amount of months, so BEBYE!

• Staff
5 hours ago, Lord McGuffin said:

Rather than rely on voting, or just voting, could you have a function where if a skin hasn't been used in X amount of time, it gets removed? Or even: been used less than X amount of times in Y amount of months, so BEBYE!

i think you'd end up with alot of holiday themed items go missing, unless it's in months but longer than a year but then it's a year to wait for anything to trim down. The data stored for a query on that many items might be cray cray as well.

• Staff
10 hours ago, Lord McGuffin said:

Nah because you'd lose a lot of skins. There are far too many to rely on that metric. But lucky for you, if you sort by trending it order skins based on how many people use them. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, Death said:

Nah because you'd lose a lot of skins. There are far too many to rely on that metric. But lucky for you, if you sort by trending it order skins based on how many people use them. 🙂

Funny you should say that, because just now, the garage door I had trending and added in my favourites last night , was no longer in my favourites or trending. Had to go to page 7 to find it. Do these reset every day or something?