Punishment for players who own large horse farms

Squog

• Staff

Running a large horse farm inside a closed space should generate a foul stench. This attracts bugs & other pests which may cause issues to production and charisma!

I propose that a plugin be developed for the servers to reflect the harsh realities of dealing with large-scale livestock handling: Players who cross a certain threshold of owned composter/horse trough entities should receive a permanent "rottingflies" effect attached to their player model, and perhaps also some of the entities.

discuss 🫠

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Squog said:

Players who cross a certain threshold of owned composter/horse trough entities should receive a permanent "rottingflies" effect attached to their player model, and perhaps also some of the entities.

You know very well this will only encourage players, in particular the main offenders. They will seek out any such effects, and wear it proudly like a badge of honour.

Death has set the servers so that excessive farming (of whatever) is not against the rules. Until such time as there is an enforcable limit put in place, there is nothing that can be done. Not even by a Head Admin...

Unless, as I have said many times before, cap networth. I find it utterly ridiculous that so many players only play every month just to accumulate ludicrous amounts of networth. They never spend it, or at most only a tiny fraction of what they accumulate. Networth was meant for QoL; Teleports, revives, and black market shopping. The system is broken, and grossly abused.

• Staff

a bit like the stinky pants of diablo 3?
I reckon, speed up horse eating, pooping and dying... you get it all pretty quick, keeping them alive is impossible while offline but profitable when you have one and keep it alive. Yes every log in to farm it you'd buy another, you'd need to buy food or farm to feed it.

for those who want to keep a horse a whole wipe and get attached, some sort of trade off, it doesn't poop at all.

• Love 1

On 3/23/2024 at 6:02 PM, Postanou said:

You know very well this will only encourage players, in particular the main offenders. They will seek out any such effects, and wear it proudly like a badge of honour.

Death has set the servers so that excessive farming (of whatever) is not against the rules. Until such time as there is an enforcable limit put in place, there is nothing that can be done. Not even by a Head Admin...

Unless, as I have said many times before, cap networth. I find it utterly ridiculous that so many players only play every month just to accumulate ludicrous amounts of networth. They never spend it, or at most only a tiny fraction of what they accumulate. Networth was meant for QoL; Teleports, revives, and black market shopping. The system is broken, and grossly abused.

I don't disagree with the idea of some kind of Networth control. I have millions on each of the modded servers I play, just from passive accumulation without any farms (just a personal quarry on Survival). I guess there's only so many Helis and Bradleys you can do and the rest of the junk in the black market is just that, trash for recycling on wipe day then never buying again.

My suggestion would be to wipe Networth with each skill wipe. That would encourage spending as 'use it or lose it' would govern its use.

I cap would probably have the same effect.

I think either option would be better from my own point of view.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yikes, i couldnt find the dislike for your post BigDave, wipe networth ya great way to piss off all those farmers. Im in no way rich in networth, but for networth to be wiped on skill wipes, is just a terrible idea. Someone might play 2 months then maybe they have school or work or just really real life. But they can always come back to use the networth later because it saves each wipe, where as if the 2 months of work they come back to zero networth say on the 2nd month or even the 3rd month having wipe next update. Well that might make them say well ill just wait a month till next wipe and go play a different game. Then at the end of the month they come back and its all good but maybe they arnt into it as much because they are so used to the networth being their to help them out. Yes you have millions of networth,if you dont like it just dont use the networth.