Building with twig without building privilege

BigDave

I've noticed in the Ban appeals section that a lot of it includes people twigging into bases. 

Could the ability to build twig without privilege be removed? There shouldn't be a need for it on these PvE servers, either you have privilege and can build or you don't and you're griefing. I understand it's place in PvP but not so much PvE

I imagine that's going to be an issue on Pure, where remaining on community tab would likely preclude modifications. On other servers though it could be an option?

Then how do players build their first base on day 1? You need to place at least 1 twig foundation before you can place a TC, although I, as many do, build a rough outline in twig before placing down a TC.

The absolute simple solution to this is placing a TC in your base. No one can twig onto your base if you have a TC inside. I believe that most of the recent bans for twigging onto bases have occurred on Pure servers. I bet balls to bones that none of the bases that were raided had a TC down. Stupid stupid stupid.

• Staff
2 hours ago, Postanou said:

The absolute simple solution to this is placing a TC in your base. No one can twig onto your base if you have a TC inside. I believe that most of the recent bans for twigging onto bases have occurred on Pure servers. I bet balls to bones that none of the bases that were raided had a TC down. Stupid stupid stupid.

Since Pure is like vanilla Rust, players can twig onto bases even if a TC is down and locked.

I may have missed it, but I haven't seen any bans come through involving twigged bases that was from another server other than the Pure ones. Pure used to have a plugin that prevented this, but we cannot anymore due to our status on the community tab. On the modded servers, this wouldn't be an issue so I wouldn't be surprised if that is already implemented.

10 hours ago, Postanou said:

Then how do players build their first base on day 1? You need to place at least 1 twig foundation before you can place a TC, although I, as many do, build a rough outline in twig before placing down a TC.

It may be that I don't fully understand the rust building system. This is mainly from PvP which I really don't play, the majority of my hours played have been PvE (and RustEZ at that. I love these servers 😁).

I have observed 3 colours when using a building plan.

Blue - can place said structure. Occurs if you have building privilege OR there is no TC and no building privilege required. 

Red - Can't place structure. Either building blocked because too close to a monument or can't build because don't have privilege or terrain issues or it just doesn't fit (you get a message telling you the reason).

Orange - Don't have building privilege in someone else's TC range but can place twig floors (not foundations) on the external walls. Eg. Someone has a half wall inside their base, you can place a twig square or triangle floor off their base at half height. This is the twigging I refer to.

This is used in PvP extensively inside people's building privilege when they have a TC, mainly for raiding or stealing hence not cool for our PvE servers.

Maybe there is already a thing on RustEZ that prevents it on modded servers. I've never tried on RustEZ because I'm a bit of a goody goody and don't like to break rules. Not a rebel.

I guess if it only happens on Pure and you can't mod Pure then I apologise for the wasted time reading this entire thread 🙂