Large Backpack Accessibility

Death

Large Backpack Accessibility Poll  

128 members have voted

1. 1. How should we make large backpacks more accessible?

• Add to specialty tab on black market
    • Add to EZ store
    • Leave as-is

• Staff

In response to some feedback, I feel it's time we run a poll to see how players feel about making the larger backpack more accessible. My fear with adding them to the speciality tab of the black market is that it eliminates the economy from players who buy in bulk when they're in rotation on the shop, or from players who get lucky enough to loot one.

There are currently two options we can use to make them more obtainable:

A) Add them to the specialty tab (which would eliminate all economy)
B) Add them to the donation store (would keep some economy as a good portion of players prefer not to spend)

Of course, option B sounds based (it is), but players have been able to create a nice economy around selling donation store items in-game, so this would somewhat hold on to the value of large backpacks. Either way, this is up to you.

• Death pinned this topic

EZ store all the way!! Because of donations would help you out with all the server and service that you have made for everyone that plays on your server. Not only that you can still run around finding them if you don't want to pay / donate. Having it on specialty tab will just make it to easy! and the economy will be dying. Death i hope they go with option B!!!!

• Like 2

100% agree with MiniRED, donation store would be my choice.  This way you can grab one if you like and get the rest via regular game play.  Specialty tab would be too damaging to economy in my opinion.

• Like 2

Store only. If it’s going to be in the BM buy tab, it may as well be in the specialty items because the player economy around it sinks as soon as it appears. I think the player economy would benefit most from it only being available via EZ store and as a natural, rare in-game find. 

• Like 3

The issue I find with it being a EZ Store red light special is that $2 is a bit much for one backpack. If it was a special backpack with a very large storage capacity I could justify it but if its the standard large back pack it wouldnt be the bang for the buck worth buying it.

• Like 2

Rust's Backpack update has been into the game for couple of months now and currently, the way this server uses them, i don't think it impacted anything at all and just merged in-game well. Choosing options besides "Leave it as it is", i'm afraid it will impact the players individual perspectives and gameplay in their own different ways.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

EZ Store.

Let me articulate this a bit better. My game style does not lend itself to finding large backpacks. I have yet to find a large backpack on the server in a crate as I don’t frequent the monuments apparently the large backpack are found on the Oil rigs. I don’t go to those as my game play is not about killing everything or getting killed by everything. I enjoy banging things with rocks and sticks and growing stuff. I’m not fast enough and my hand eye coordination does not let me be particularly good at hitting stuff in a rapid succession.

I let the guys that only have a few hours of game play take the monuments and try and have a good time when they are here. I don’t have any problems purchasing backpacks from other players. Its not about the digital currency its about enjoying myself and the community when I’m here.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

OR if people are afraid it will break the economy of rust by adding it to the store for 2 dollars why not make it 5 dollars each and have a nother option of 3 backpacks for 14 dollars. It could be like you could buy one for 5 dollars or 3 for 14 dollars and save 1 dollar. I see no difference between how the pumpjacks effect the economy compaired to the backpacks. In all honesty i think the vips should get a one time claim of a large backpack per wipe, to replace the old /backpack command. This might in term lead to more people buying vip again resulting in more money going to the server and death.

• Like 2

well...  the VIP backpack was for one, much larger in storage, and, was basically a forever backpack that you had when even starting out on the beach.

made the VIP purchase, a solid bonus to the choice.

making the large backpack something to purchase every month... sigh.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2024 at 9:29 PM, Sarne.net said:

EZ Store.

Let me articulate this a bit better. My game style does not lend itself to finding large backpacks. I have yet to find a large backpack on the server in a crate as I don’t frequent the monuments apparently the large backpack are found on the Oil rigs. I don’t go to those as my game play is not about killing everything or getting killed by everything. I enjoy banging things with rocks and sticks and growing stuff. I’m not fast enough and my hand eye coordination does not let me be particularly good at hitting stuff in a rapid succession.

I let the guys that only have a few hours of game play take the monuments and try and have a good time when they are here. I don’t have any problems purchasing backpacks from other players. Its not about the digital currency its about enjoying myself and the community when I’m here.

Just for your info, large backpacks are found in military crates at a drop rate of 5%. No need to go to oil rig, they can be found at virtually every monument, even Oxums and Super Market have 1 guaranteed crate per spawn cycle in the office with the green card.

https://rustlabs.com/item/large-backpack

That rate matches my in game experience, it can be an RNG nightmare but I also got one from my first military crate 2min into wipe once.

There is no longer demand for the backpack on Survival since you've made full backpacks no longer nestable, limiting players use to 2. So I'm guessing if you were to run the poll now, black market would be the logical choice. I know many players who have many backpacks in storage boxes since they don't sell not to mention, numbers of people playing whenever I sign on has suffered since they were removed. It really made doing lots of helis or tanks fun since you could pile loot in backpacks, and now we must stop, recycle. My game has changed to making multiple trips to outpost, costing more net, more inconvenience, etc. Not to mention the entire fun of hunting for the rare item in game. So, it's all been ruined. The experience, was fun and now is not. You had a rare gem in the game that made survival out of this world fun..........and now it's not. Yay

• 2 weeks later...

the game needs like a 100 slot backpack or a 200 slot backpack. the gaming community call people like me a loot Slut lol. now i would pay for a 100 or 200 slot backpack. but the 28 Slut i do 2 monuments my inventory and backpack gets over full. but i do it all on foot so i do all the roadside loot going to the monuments to so my inventory and backpack gets full fast. but the game is still fun to play and i found a good gaming community in ruatez.