Adding a Blueprint mod to the Modded Server

Syrus white

Hello All,

As the Title states. I am making a suggestion towards adding a blueprint mod in the modded server. What this does is Saves a copy of your building so that you paste it later. I was thinking of this mod because when we add the  Coliseum, Art Museum, Court House, Etc we wouldn't have to keep building it again. Of course this should and only be used by the admin for security purposes. What is the communities thoughts on this? 

• Like 1

• Staff

Well, let's consider the fact that we do add it and since only admins can use it how would we apply this? Typically, everything we build is random and are just wild thoughts in our head. Personally, I've built some pretty in-depth builds but nothing I'd consider keeping as I always look to improve every time I build. I just don't see an applicable use for this on a PvE server. Perhaps a build server yes.

• Like 1

We use the copy and paste mod from Oxide on our LAN server to work with Fortify.  I suspect in a multi-user server the potential for issues and abuse might not be prudent.

Honestly using a tool like Rust Server Manager quickly and easily set up a local sever to try things out.  As long as you have enough RAM and it is one or two user it should be fine, but not very social.  That is what keeps folks coming back to hosted server, people. :)

13 hours ago, Death said:

Well, let's consider the fact that we do add it and since only admins can use it how would we apply this? Typically, everything we build is random and are just wild thoughts in our head. Personally, I've built some pretty in-depth builds but nothing I'd consider keeping as I always look to improve every time I build. I just don't see an applicable use for this on a PvE server. Perhaps a build server yes.

Well currently, we will use the Colosseum as an example.  I build in this server. It gets wiped in a month. we use the blue print to save all the hard work that was put into. We lay it down again in the next server. Of course we can improve on the Colosseum and save it in a new Blueprint so that all that time used to build it isn't gone to waste. That is my thought. 

Edited by Syrus white