Increase Minicopter decay time

StormWalkerEc

Greetings

Right now there are many minicopter in game, which is nice, however, since they introduces mini decay, its waaaaaay to aggressive ...

A fully repaired mini, in a hanger, will decay within several hours, which makes making a hanger pointless...

Yes, there are so many mini's that "you can always just go find on", however, if your base is remote, or far from a path, you spend 10min just running to go find a mini....

If you could set the decay to be say 2 days when in a hanger, that could be a decent enough time that anyone can store one, but still discourage hording ....
In the event that somehow no mini's are found anymore, can start reducing the time by an hour till the actual perfect balance is found ...

Thanks !!

• Like 2

When minis didn't decay, there were no minis to be found. People were hoarding them. They only respawn once a mini has been destroyed. You could see 2-3 or even more in some bases, as they draw at a further distance than the bases do. 

So some people would rather be able to find minis by the road.

Get a mini when you login and maintain it for your session.

I strongly am against this one

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mindshadows said:

Personal minicopter that doesn't decay could be added to the RustEZ store, I'd also like to see Boats added to the store if possible.

or pay for the ability to be able to spawn a mini copter on demand.  Id happily pay $10 a wipe for that ability.   If you were to be able to buy them in the store, what would happen if you crashed and burned?   Unless a new one spawned at your base.

I for one support lowering the decay of Minis - but not removing decay completely.  Currently, even when fully repairing a mini in a hangar, it won't last until the next day.  This makes it very difficult for players like myself, who have full time jobs and other real-life responsibilities that mean we cannot always log in until the same time the next day. I can only imagine how frustrating it'd be for someone who has to be gone for more than a day.

I totally understand why mini decay, even while inside, is necessary. I don't think it should be removed completely - it keeps people from hoarding them and making them unavailable to others.  Just a tweak is all it needs.  Maybe making it last from 24 hours outside to 36 or 48 hours while inside would be more than sufficient.  This would mean that a player that works full time could still log back in and save his mini before it disappears (or blows up and kills him if it's parked on top of his bedroom, lol) - but if he neglects it more than a day, he'll have to go find another.

Just my two cents. Love all the work the staff do to make the RustEZ servers so fun and welcoming!

• Love 1

11 hours ago, Death said:

I'll see about lowering decay when indoors. I'll also be lowering the spawn density so there aren't so many spawned along the roads.

Makes me nervous to see changes to either of these. I use the minis as almost my sole transportation. Cutting decay would lead to hording even if just by half a day and fewer numbers makes finding tougher. Just look at boat houses with 4 boats sitting forever.

RustEZ = Best servers ever!!!!! Have really enjoyed relaxed playing for a change and great group of people.

• Like 2

I would prefer the ability to make our own. Density is fine along the roads please dont change that. I Hate having to run all over the place to find one. An if decay is lowered we will be back to hording them again.

• Like 2

How about we can still have mini's around the map. Those will come in handy for new comers to the server. What if we are able to craft/purchase our own and it stays with us like the car can? I have 17k in game points. It would be nice to use the points for more stuff, rather than 2 items so far. 

2 hours ago, J_Sno said:

Being able to buy/craft personal copters (that, at the very bare minimum, can last a single night in a hanger) would be an amazing solution.

craft a minicopter is not in the game mechanic i think. am i right ?

edit: my bad,  i saw your other post. i didnt knew this mod :)

Edited by ZardozZ
knowledge update

I wonder if there is a way to change the decay rate based on the type of hangar its in? I.E twig hangar is normal decay rate where a armored hangar it is significantly lowered. Would add some RP on rust considering its radiation that is causing it to decay.

On 6/3/2019 at 9:22 PM, Death said:

I'll see about lowering decay when indoors. I'll also be lowering the spawn density so there aren't so many spawned along the roads.

Death, I think they are perfect the way they are. As said by others, lowering the decay makes hoarding easier and decreasing density just makes them harder to find. The two changes together would make it so that the unlucky players that don't get logged in the first day will never get a copter. This is how it was the first month they came out and really sucked not being able to experience them. The way it is now, I log in and never have a problem finding a copter. I really hope you decide against making changes. 

• Like 1

Lowering decay will not equal the same level of hoarding ....

I have found that many people play for the 1st 2 weeks, then don't return till next wipe ... And many of these types of players are the hoarders ...

If the minicopter can survive a day or two in a hanger, then its perfect as on day 3, its destroyed.

We can also discourage hording by reporting to admins when we see a cluster, and admins can nuke the extras ...

Right now the balance is way off, and finding the right balance will make the game more enjoyable ...

Having a base not on a road (remote) and running 10-15min to try find one (2 wipes ago) is NOT a fun experience ...

The alternative, which I will be doing for now is to have a small road side base, and the remote one. Then log-out at road base to find heli, then fly to remote base for the session.

24-48h decay in a hanger should be a perfect balance between discouraging hording and actual usability... and if the hording gets out of hand, half decay time till the balance is found ...

• Like 1

The slowed decay time is great (and much appreciated oh generous Lord Death) but any chance it could be a little longer?

As a super casual player, I can sometimes only login for a bit once per day - it would be amazing if the minicopters would last 24-36 hours before exploding. That would give me (and other casual players like me) ample opportunity to keep the health up on them.

It's always such a shame when I rush to my hangar as soon as I login to find my copter disappeared throughout the night... :(

We've gone 2 wipes when it was released without any minis to be found for days. You could run around all the roads. A lot of us don't want this to happen again. As soon as you got the mini you had jammed somehow or accidently crashed it you wouldn't see one for days and I play hours per day. The chat was flooded with people looking for one.

This isn't a flight simulator game, it's a survival game. It currently takes no longer than 2-5 minutes to get one.

1 hour ago, aNoNiM said:

The hoarders have spoken it seems

I am not a hoarder and have no intention of ever being a hoarder - I just want to login when I get home from work and find my minicopter in my hangar, where I left it, so I can start playing straight away.

If I don't login at least once per day to repair my copter, I am totally fine with it blowing up and having to go find another when I do login.

@Death, it's in reference  that some still  want to have multi-day no decay indoors, I am fine with the mod you did. I was referring when facepunch introduced them, before they added indoor decay and you increased their spawn rate we couldn't find them.

I play on US survival and I find them just fine, that is the thing, I can find them now and I don't want to enable hoarding on minis like the first 2 months of the Minis. People even went as far back then to hoard them and sell them, currently that is not possible to keep it multi-days.

@Havok, what did you do before the mini existed anyway? I spent 2 months playing or US Survival, and US Scourge at them time and a little bit on Pure without being able to find the minis. If every one has one parked in their bases, lets say there is 100 offline players, there might not be any for the online players left. Is what we saw originally.

Edited by aNoNiM