Add decay and upkeep to survival.

Geri_Atric

This will help to reduce the clutter caused by one/two day players building and then leaving. I know there is a purge but I have seen some large foundations laid out in some real nice spots and then they just sit there for 2 weeks. Lets face it, it is not to hard to grind enough resources to upkeep your buildings. Unless you have an empty, 20 story, 200 room hotel, in that case you should be ready to put in some upkeep. Imo

Keep the purge as well.

• Like 1

As a casual player I prefer to play in Survival as the no decay allows me to build any base(s) I like without having to constantly upkeep them. I understand the issue you are facing but there are other RustEZ servers you can play that have decay, such as Scourge. If your issue is that the good places to build are already taken, then maybe you should try to get to those areas first.

If decay was added to Survival, I probably wouldn't be able to build and upkeep the bases that I enjoy building, so I would no longer enjoy playing the server.

Playing as a solo player it is a hard to continually upkeep your base without it decaying, RustEZ should be a fun place to play and not something that requires daily effort to upkeep, especially as many players have to work or go to school and can't be on 24/7 to upkeep their base(s).

• Staff

Pure and Survival were designed for casual players in mind which is why we've disabled decay. Inactive purge is there to handle players who only play for a couple of days and it takes 2 weeks because that's the threshold of when the purge kicks in.

Purge runs every night when dailies reset and purges anyone who's been offline for more than 2 weeks. Even with decay, players could easily afford upkeep on twig for several weeks with an hour of farming.

There's no real solution without taxing either noobs or veterans which is why we have the systems in place as we do. Our Scourge server is similar to Survival besides the fact that it has zombies. Even with decay we face the same problems that are quickly solved when said player goes inactive.

Overall, it's not perfect and it's something I'm actively working to improve. I appreciate your feedback!