Kasper Banned US Pure 3 days

• Staff

Offender: Kasper  Steam ID  BM ID
Server: US Pure
Time: 2/10/2021  6:48 PM
Length: 3 days
Reason: Continued player harassment and disregard of server rules.

More Info (optional):  Player has repeatedly made efforts to harass his neighbor as well as break other server rules. After repeated warnings and conversations, they continue to try to argue the server rules with admins.

Their first warning was for building across a river, which they corrected following the warning.

Their second warning was issued after they shined spotlights off of their roof into their neighbor's windows. They did this following repeated complaints they made that their neighbor was TC spamming. After checking the area multiple times, I explained to them that one ring of tool cupboards around your base is allowed to extend your building privilege and prevent others from building too close. There response was:

image.png.7234614bc552c711e5db8f80100d824c.png

I explained again that the ring was only to extend your building privilege, not to take over an excessive amount of land. They again responded:

image.png.4e47a5fe39a5acdf339eeb1e7a77a85e.png

I explained that no it is not allowed and if they need further explanation I can come have a chat with them, otherwise they could review the rules under /rules. The search lights was the reaction to this event/conversation. Following receiving my warning, they removed the lights and posted a neon sign facing their neighbor's base that read "CRY MORE".

Their third warning was for attempting to claim a monument, refusing to share the loot, and admin/player disrespect. After taking down bradley with another player, they attempted to say they claimed the monument and refused to share the loot. The other player, and others in chat, tried to explain to them that you cannot claim monuments. After they still refused to share the loot, I popped in to have a chat with them. I explained that, as others pointed out, you cannot claim any monuments. They are public and are meant to be shared. If a player does enough damage you must share the loot earned with them. They started arguing with me saying they never said they claimed the monument, to which I read off the time of this comment:

image.png.4f7c4c922ce0d1b057f128041fc77cb3.png

After I read this off, telling him that battlemetrics doesn't lie regarding things they've said, they admitted they did say that. They then tried to say they were only saying "claimed" meaning claiming the loot. I explained it doesn't matter, you cannot claim it. You both did damage so you must share. I then advised that he reach out to the player and they work on sharing the loot. They said ok, and then typed this in chat:

image.png.8fb0c26966f0c20931ee03ab2104ec17.png

Rather than meeting with the player to work on splitting the loot, they threw all of it on the ground without meeting the player; making it very likely it would have despawned before the player could actually retrieve anything. I explained they cannot make fun of players, especially when they were trying to follow the rules. I explained they don't have to like the rules but they are required to follow them in order to remain on the server. I popped back over to talk to them and explained the rules again. I further explained the cannot harass or make fun of other players anywhere within the RustEZ community. They said "so if I do 90% damage I have to share the loot? it doesn't make any sense." I explained if someone's taking a pot-shot, they are not entitled to loot, but any player that does enough damage is. I asked them to wait a moment and I would pull the loot logs and tell them exactly what they did. As I was pulling the logs they killed themselves and respawned away from me as I was talking. I explained in chat the amount of damage as shown:

image.png.0f6a6d6824897d85979116390ac30b30.png

I explained they did not do 90%, but approximately 60%. He then tried to argue that he never said he did 90%. I explained to him again that admins do not make the rules, we are here to uphold them.

I went over to the players base to continue the conversation when I found that they had constructed yet another attempt to harass their neighbor. Knowing their neighbor hates twig bases, which is easily seen in chat whenever the conversation frequently arises, they built a twig structure around the side of their base that faces their neighbor along with this sign:

image.thumb.png.134a52438172cdf06b7a46e76a343bb7.png

image.thumb.png.8aa9a48c05b20cbc9d69d463c5fb36a6.png

These multiple events have made it very clear that the player has a complete disregard for server rules. Repeatedly arguing in chat with admins and continued player harassment will absolutely not be tolerated. The server rules are clearly displayed on the connect page, when you type /rules and have been reviewed multiple times with the player. Hopefully the 3 days will allow time to reflect and absorb the rules as they're written. Any further infractions will result in permanent removal from the RustEZ community. 

image.png.0a62807a954db3f20866d5676a14a634.png

Appeal

The first issue with Northstarz was completely innocent and I corrected super fast, leading to me being very friendly with Northstarz. I feel that bringing up this incident is an attempt to smear my reputation as much as possible. I believe amsullivan and Ashkendor have such a close relationship that I am being targeted and harassed by amsullivan on behalf of Ashkendor and would like to report admin abuse against amsullivan. NONE on my spot lights were powered on by me. I turn off every single powered thing in my base before I log off and if the lights were on it was due to server restart glitch or etc. half of the spotlights were pointed directly at my own windmill towers for heli visual.  Crymore is the name of my base which I had to change due to ingame voice complaints from Ashkendor. I changed the named and hid the view of the sign from her as well to not annoy her with any lights.  After being spoken to about bradley and told to share the loot as they were the server rules I agreed and dropped more than half of the loot on the ground because both the other player left and I was leaving as well.  Not due to the defaming speculation that I was trying to despawn the loot. In fact I messaged in chat multiple times exactly where the loot was. Multiple times for the explicit reason of making sure they saw it and got there before despawn. The conversation of "90% damage" was a hypothetical situation I brought up an example , which is why I never said I did 90%. The whole TC thing was a mistake where I assumed the like dozens of other TC around Ashkendors base were also hers, which they were not. So I made a passive joke about 200 TC. After amsullivan said Ashkendor only had 6 TC in chat, I never complained again but I was on amsullivan radar from then on. I am a simply a berry farmer and wish to return to my crops and would like some consideration from other admins on their opinion about whether this is player targeting from amsullivan.The first issue with Northstarz was completely innocent and I corrected super fast, leading to me being very friendly with Northstarz. I feel that bringing up this incident is an attempt to smear my reputation as much as possible. I believe amsullivan and Ashkendor have such a close relationship that I am being targeted and harassed by amsullivan on behalf of Ashkendor and would like to report admin abuse against amsullivan. NONE on my spot lights were powered on by me. I turn off every single powered thing in my base before I log off and if the lights were on it was due to server restart glitch or etc. half of the spotlights were pointed directly at my own windmill towers for heli visual.  Crymore is the name of my base which I had to change due to ingame voice complaints from Ashkendor. I changed the named and hid the view of the sign from her as well to not annoy her with any lights.  After being spoken to about bradley and told to share the loot as they were the server rules I agreed and dropped more than half of the loot on the ground because both the other player left and I was leaving as well.  Not due to the defaming speculation that I was trying to despawn the loot. In fact I messaged in chat multiple times exactly where the loot was. Multiple times for the explicit reason of making sure they saw it and got there before despawn. The conversation of "90% damage" was a hypothetical situation I brought up an example , which is why I never said I did 90%. The whole TC thing was a mistake where I assumed the like dozens of other TC around Ashkendors base were also hers, which they were not. So I made a passive joke about 200 TC. After amsullivan said Ashkendor only had 6 TC in chat, I never complained again but I was on amsullivan radar from then on. I am a simply a berry farmer and wish to return to my crops and would like some consideration from other admins on their opinion about whether this is player targeting on behalf of another player from amsullivan.

• Staff

Your spotlights were pointed to the sky after I warned you and moved them myself, this is something that was seen by the head admin of the server and myself. The TC's around your neighbors base were mentioned by you multiple times and I investigate - and corrected you - multiple times on this. It's unfortunate you feel as though this is "admin abuse" and that you're being targeted, but that is simply not the case. I will hand this over to a higher admin than myself but from my perspective, the ban will remain in place and I hope you use this time to reflect on your behavior and the servers rules.

@Aurora

38 minutes ago, Kasper said:

Amsullivan has also destroyed a whole section of my base. How is this not admin harassment?

This is an admin cleaning up your efforts to bother another player on the server. The portion of your base that was removed is the twig section shown in the images above. This is the appropriate action that we would ask any admin to take in this situation.

1 hour ago, Kasper said:

I am a simply a berry farmer and wish to return to my crops and would like some consideration from other admins on their opinion about whether this is player targeting on behalf of another player from amsullivan.

I've read through your complete chat log of this wipe up to the point you were banned.  The ban action is a direct result of your own retaliatory actions and behavior towards other players.  

Do I agree with the 3-day temp ban? No: a minimum 30-day ban when you chose to purposefully harass and annoy the player near your location would be more appropriate; however, I understand in this case the admin opted for the 3-day temp ban as a final warning to you.

You may return to your berry farm in 3 days. The ban will be automatically lifted after the duration.  Should you wish to play on our servers when the ban is expired, I recommend taking a  a few minutes to become familiar with the rules. Server rules are conveniently located on the game info screen prior to joining the server, by typing /rules in chat once you connect, and here.

Im reading screen shot of the rules right now sent from a friend.

So my base was destroyed under the impression that I did so to harass Ashkendor?  Even though the section that was destroyed was made to shield my neighbor from the very thing they were complaining about my base?

It feels like admin harassment when the admin could have just as easily upgraded the destroyed parts, but chose destruction on the player they are targeting

So if there is something I dont like about my neighbors I can get an admin to destroy it? Even if it violates none of the rules? As long as I make it very clear and establish I do not like it in world chat before hand?

• Staff

You have made multiple efforts to harass your neighbor, trying to skirt around this with lies will not be tolerated. The entire twig facing was erected to annoy your neighbor, not to hide one small sign which they never complained about - if you were actually concerned about this, you would have just removed the sign rather than cover it with a large twig shield. The twig was removed after your ban, so it isn't something you would have been aware of until Aurora mentioned it, the fact that you have no other case of me "removing part of your base" besides this really feeds into the fact that you're trying to make excuses.

Read the rules as Aurora has linked them. Follow them carefully. This thread will now be locked. I hope to see you in 3 days with a better understanding and position in the server.