Banned EU Pure: Mendromon

Offender(s):
Name - Mendromon
Steam -  https://steamcommunity.com/id/Mendromon/
Battlemetrics - https://www.battlemetrics.com/rcon/players/463595350

Server: EU Pure

Length: 30 days

Reason: After providing countless of toxic remarks within the server player has been banned after causing another instance of toxic behavior.
Was trying to fly her balloon, but a person tried to get inside. Instead of asking an admin for help, once again started shouting at them in a toxic behavior.

Player has had countless of verbal warnings and battlemetric warnings to stop in previous instances but has not learned from them.
Due to these encounters player has received a 30 day ban after not listenning to stop being so toxic to the community.

Screenshot(S):
A few of the examples I am able to provide, if taken more time I would be able to find more:
1028390968_Mendromontoxicity3.png.87246234b8ecda8bf0a9a3efd7cd428e.png988440263_Mendromontoxicity.png.145510762e3dee1800d47db055225fd0.png1323102203_Mendromontoxicity4.png.308c44cd1573c77a70e4d42eba01b8d3.png

Previous warnings:
1992083411_Mendromontoxicity2.png.eea465341f561812c7a406b2782ca31c.png

Well for starters, hello! That Method warning last month, i did NOT get the warning on screen and that was a misunderstanding in chat. Now we have a warning AND  ban in between 5 minutes. Im not an admin, but i supposed if somebody shows toxicity in chat it should have been handled differently.

Some of the time i was clearly trolling with other people in chat, if you dont show the whole chat history people wont get the context behind it.

i wont be playing in eu pure again, but i would like to start fresh somewhere else, since looks like the ban applies to all rustez servers.

Here is some context for you of what happened in chat those days:

the first part of the screenshot on the 7.7. : i was chopping down trees to build an open community boatbase, when i got stucked on a tree sappling behind me, and there were wolves nearby, i freaked out lol i refered the sapplings as the "children" in chat

the 7.7 showed above, i posted on discord/memedia part of the conversation of somebody being sexist in chat, an england fan calling everybody "queer" and you know what? i did not report that person after all even tho i warned him by doing so in chat. i assume it was just a troller or a drunk bastard and just let him be. and yes, he did not show up again!

the other chat screenshots were from 8.7. i had a drink. i was tired. i was making preparations to do a trip with friends on a balloon to large oil rig. im not gonna point fingers at players, but 1. my balloon gets taken away while i was sitting afk at a shop, they didnt fly very far so i got the balloon back. so what happened next? i was already mad somebody messed with the balloon i found, since it was practically next to me at that shop. i took off and afked a bit at airfield. with my wireless headphones on, i could hear somebody messing around and hitting me or the balloon, so i rushed back to my pc to find a guy who interesting enough was blocking my way, inside my balloon, covering the exit of it. at some point this person starts rubebrbanding back and forward making me believe he was using hax! 

NOW! Am I being toxic? I got bad days just like any other human. do I deserve a whole month of ban? If you ask me, i'd say a simple chatmute of 10 minutes and a warning would have been enough. Why the ban got from 7days to 1 month is for me a mystery. I just wanna be able to rejoin any other rustez server next wipe. 

sexist.jerk.png

Hello again!

thanks for appealign the ban, and thanks for the words. However I can not accept this apology, not even with the explanation.
First of, let me just quote some things and add it:

Well for starters, hello! That Method warning last month, i did NOT get the warning on screen and that was a misunderstanding in chat. Now we have a warning AND  ban in between 5 minutes. Im not an admin, but i supposed if somebody shows toxicity in chat it should have been handled differently.

The method warning was a warning that was given after a mute was handed out to you for toxicity by method, the day prior you were also handed a mute by me for toxicity which also counted as a warning.
Due to already have been given 2 mutes and still providing us with toxicity in the chat, there was a switch to warnings, that eventually led to the ban.

Please note the mutes:
417547225_Mendromontoxicity5.png.da889225ffc3aaa5612f1effb0161d02.png

the 7.7 showed above, i posted on discord/memedia part of the conversation of somebody being sexist in chat, an england fan calling everybody "queer" and you know what? i did not report that person after all even tho i warned him by doing so in chat. i assume it was just a troller or a drunk bastard and just let him be. and yes, he did not show up again!

The way of dealing with it the way you dealt with it was not in order. Instead of providing us with direct evidence you posted this into Memedia and had us scrambling to get rid of the guy afterwards. Unfortunately we don't check on chat every 5 minutes, but the person was removed afterwards, hence why he "did not show up again".

the other chat screenshots were from 8.7. i had a drink. i was tired. i was making preparations to do a trip with friends on a balloon to large oil rig. im not gonna point fingers at players

Such excuses do not matter to anyone, you join a server you know that has rules as having received previous mutes and warnings, verbal and written. This does not excuse you from being invulnerable to anything due to having one too many, or being tired. We just dissallow such toxicity as proven by the third rule we have that informs you of "No player harassment". You reacting to people in such a way is just not acceptable.

NOW! Am I being toxic? I got bad days just like any other human. do I deserve a whole month of ban? If you ask me, i'd say a simple chatmute of 10 minutes and a warning would have been enough. Why the ban got from 7days to 1 month is for me a mystery. I just wanna be able to rejoin any other rustez server next wipe. 

Yes, yes you've been toxic. As previous post explains, having a bad day does not excuse you from using this kind of language to any other player. and due to the numerous occasions that it has hapenend makes it not better either. Ban was extended to 30 days due to the amount of times that you as a player have committed such acts of toxicity towards another players.

Those 2 mutes also were as a warning, and they're logged too. This would mean you'd be on 4 warnings at the moment, making this ordeal even worse.

Please if you have a better reason why you deserve an unban, let me know and I will review this again.
But I will not take "I had a bad day/I had a drink/I was tired" as an excuse.

Kind regards,

Michael - EU Pure Admin

• Like 1

I would like to hear the point of view of a neutral administrator, not involved in the situation to see how they would have handle this. Obviously 4 people got muted the time Method gave us the warning, again, not enough context to the story. 

Also I'd like to see the complains of other players about my toxicity in chat. This is RUST. Not Hello Kitty Island. We are all adults and understand that this is a game made for adults too since theres nudity in it.

- I posted that image on memedia NOT to call YOUR attention, but to show it to a friend of mine who also happens to be english. If i wanted to report the person I'd have done so.

- The second mute was willingly. I ASKED FOR IT. I know I can get out of hand and annoy people, AGAIN, LACK OF CONTEXT! My 12 horses got killed and i was freaking out in chat. Anyway.. 

Let's be honest. Your ban appeal is simply a list of reasons explaining your behavior, when in fact the admins -- through a serious of in-game warnings and a temp ban -- have been letting you know said behavior shouldn't be taking place on our community servers. 

I get it – sometimes players get angry/upset/irritated, but that's not an excuse for all players on the server at that time to have to deal with your chat antics. I also get being an adult and enjoying a drink when I play games (or being tired when I play). It goes without saying, however,  that you are accountable for your behavior at all times. 

Your ban appeal offers no apology or indication that you understand the rules and intend to play by them. For that reason, the temp ban will remain in place. Once lifted you may join any RustEZ server of your choosing. Rules are the same  across all servers, so please take the time to figure out how to play within them.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Aurora locked this topic