Hi All,

I would like to apologise for what was a poor lapse of judgement in writing a note in game.

I was playing around with friends and foolish for what I did. I am truly sorry and sincerely hope that I will be welcomed back into this wonderful community. 

I will ensure that something like this never happens again, as I understand how it can affect the people in our community.

Sincerest apologies,

B1ackhawk307

• Haha 1

Hi B1ackhawk307

Thank you for appealing. 

With the current cancel culture in the world, racism in all aspects of society is being closely scrutinized.  While we do understand that it still heavily permeates music, comedy, movies, and other media, it is something we do not feel is appropriate to have in our servers.

Words such as what were used on your account, are not welcome in any context. 

Here are resources that you can explore to learn more:

guidetoallyship.com

The Bias Barrier

Anti-Racism Glossary

Anti-Racism Resources

As this was picked up by the automated system, the ban will not be lifted.

You are solely responsible for what happens on your account. 
I wish you the best of luck.

• Love 1

Hi Postanou,

I appreciate your prompt reply regarding this matter, however, I respectfully disagree with your decision and would like a review of this decision. 

I would like to clarify that the insensitive remark was not directed at anyone nor said in chat, instead, written in a note in my inventory that I did not intend to distribute, I understand that what I did was wrong and that this does not make it any less of a violation. As such, I would like to highlight previously successful ban appeals, notably; 'Sir Mike Dripper the 2nd"s appeal on the 4th of September and 'Monygy's appeal on the 30th of August, where similar offences were disciplined with 72 hour bans. 

I have been a very active member of this community for over two months now and have formed countless friendships within this extraordinary server, and feel ashamed to have disappointed or unintentionally offended anyone of this community.

Additionally, I thank you for providing the above websites and resources for my perusal, as it has helped further my understanding how such remarks affect the community.

I am aware that I am solely responsible for what happens on my account and thus never tried to diffuse the blame upon others. 

I wholeheartedly believe that what I did was wrong and am both disgraced and embarrassed, as such a word has no place in modern society. I am in no way shedding light on what I did, and hope you can agree that a temporary ban will suffice as punishment. 

I would greatly appreciate a chance to speak with you over the server's discord to personally apologise and discuss a future on RustEZ.

Sincerely,

B1ackhawk307

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

The decision to not lift your ban is in line with how all staff handles racism ban appeals. The language you used on our server is inherently racist and is not welcome in any context.  We do not lift bans for language which has only one usage, that being purposefully racist or severely derogatory.

In the examples you pointed out, the ban was placed when a player used slang  that is often intended as derogatory, but may also have usage that is not purposefully racist. Only in this scenario will the appeal be considered and only if logs clearly indicate such.

As noted in the previous response, your ban will not be lifted. I appreciate that you have been an active member of this community, however, player history, behavior, and positive contributions and interactions within our PvE community is not considered in an appeal for racism or language bans. 

--------------------------------------------------

More info on racism bans can be found here:

--------------------------------------------------

• Confused 1
  • Love 1

As a Player.  BlackHawk treat me Great allso he spoke in japanese to me  .try to but he seen to want to learn japanese kinda kool but now he BAN .I have been attack  on rust an it HURTS heaps .I see blackhawk as a good friend ..Please unban him .

I will miss seeing him an chatting with him heaps ..

Love to get his email address so we can  carry on being friend .I should had ask him .

• Sad 1
  • Love 2

Hi! Long time listener, first time caller. I was very sad to hear about Blackhawk's ban. As much as I've gotten to know him, he's been a great friend and companion to the game. His wild ideas and great generosity has always inspired me to a better monkey to others. He has taught me there are better ways to contribute to society than just flinging horse poo at others. I hope that this helps in any little way at all, to persuade the powers that be that although Blackhawk has erred, he is after all, only a simple black hawk. To err is mortal. To forgive, is immortal.

• Haha 1
  • Love 2
  • Aurora locked this topic