RustEZ Awesome Player Award

Aurora

awesome-player.thumb.jpg.c751bc3ec6a33a977e0dbfc6cda33220.jpg

Nominate the awesome people in our community!

Who are the amazing people in our community that deserve recognition, appreciation and a big THANK YOU for the things they do? 

Every day people in our community step up and help others out on the server. Perhaps it was a kind gesture on a bad day, an extra helpful player, someone showing you how to take out Brad for the first time, or someone who has great community spirt and encourages you to have fun.

We hear the stories, but now it's time to call these players out and nominate them for the RustEZ Awesome Player Award! Nominations for the RustEZ Awesome Player Award will be accepted until December 15, 2021.  Winners and prizes will be announced in January 2022, during a live in-game awards ceremony (TBA in January). 

Awesome Player Award winners will be selected by staff (no public votes) from all nominations submitted in this thread. Staff may nominate players; however, nominations for staff members are honorable mentions only as staff will participate in selecting winners.

How to nominate a player

• To nominate an awesome player, reply to this thread using the copy & paste template below and fill it out. You may publicly nominate up to 2 players, but must create a separate post for each nomination.  
  • You may also submit an anonymous nomination. Use the template, but send me a message from the Staff page. I will post your nomination in this thread, using Anonymous Player for your IGN.  You may submit 1 anonymous nomination.

Updates since original post:  Please use the template as provided (i.e. do not add extra sections or notes). Remember to create a separate post for a second player nomination.

--- RustEZ Awesome Player Award Nomination Form ---

Nominee's IGN:
Your IGN:
Server & Region: 

Tell us why this player deserves to be nominated for the RustEZ Awesome Player Award (100-300 words)

Edited by Aurora
"Updates since original post" section added for clarification (Nov 12)
  • Love 3

Nominee's IGN: js (Jshreve)

Your IGN: Phat Man

Server & Region: US Scourge

On a drunken night while I was running around trying to find a place to base I heard music in the distance, I thought to myself “who could that be?” I follow the death metal in a drunken stupor and come across a hunk of a man, a man's man, a jshreve. I follow this music playing fool wondering what adventures we might go on. we kill a few zombies loot a few monuments, die a few times together. then all of a sudden he invites me into his home a monstrous phallic designed heli tower that one could only think possible in the dreams of a mad man. with everything organized to perfection every design meticulously placed for a reason, the only problem? No electricity? No lights? “What is this peasantry?” i think. Well lucky enough with the expertise of Mrs sharlawindrider and Dicko a la mode. I myself have become an apprentice electrician in the rustian ways. So I show this barbarian the ways of a true modern society... 3ish years later I still run the same monuments, kill the same zombies and still make phallic heli bases with this man, the music man, the Jshreve (Js).

• Like 1
  • Love 7

Nominee's IGN: Chiefnugnug
Your IGN: Anonymous Player
Server & Region: Scourge AU

My first ever time on the Scourge servers I was greeted with the Walking Rust Wikipedia - Chief. He taught me everything we (my team) needed to know about the server being new, and geared us ready to fight the zombies. He taught not only me, but every new player he comes across about the ins and outs of the server, who is who and what does what; making sure we all know rules, how to play, and what to do. He'll help anybody, new or old to the server, spending countless hours teaching people about PvE, about RustEZ and Rust in general, kidnapping newbies and showing them the sights and the best ways to survive, all while having RustEZ at the forefront and showing people what makes us great. Even after 2000+ hours if I have ANY question about Rust, I go to Chief.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

Nominee's IGN: JRock39

Your IGN: FertileFishy

Server & Region: US Survival

JRock has been rocking our ears for awhile now with his amazing RustFM radio station. He stands out to me as a great person who is very passionate about making people's days better. Giveaways, shoutouts, anything to make someone's day better. We love JRock and I would love to nominate him. The server wouldn't be the same without JRock or RustFM! ❤

• Like 2
  • Love 13

Nominee's IGN: @Northstarz @Carpediems @amsullivan @Cartmon @Jamesy 
Your IGN: Rubiks-Q-Bert
Server & Region:  US Pure/EU Scourge

US Pure was my first server in November of last year. No one helped me more than the admins. No one gave me anything but if I had questions, they had answers. Anytime I needed help, one of them was around. Didn't even know how to mine a rock until Amsullivan showed me. North and Carpe helped me with my building and electrical as well as a good understanding of the rules. Even though I left their on somewhat bad terms, they had a big hand in helping me understand the game.

EU Scourge is my go to on RustEZ these days if I am not on another server. I first ran into Cartmon before he was an admin. Saw him at a garrison and I asked if I could watch. He taught me how to do them the most efficient way possible. He taught me various other tips and tricks through my time there that formed my current playstyle. Jamesy, while we don't/haven't always seen eye to eye, he's just been an all around good person to talk to. 

There are various other staff that I could mention but these 5 have been by far the most influential to me in my time on RustEZ and for better or worse, have formed the type of player I am today.

• Like 1
  • Love 7

Nominee's IGN: @UberLoots @MissOff
Your IGN: Rubiks-Q-Bert
Server & Region: EU Scourge

As somewhat mentioned above, I originally played on US Pure, left RustEZ for awhile and migrated back, but to EU Scourge in April of this year. First ran into them at the Easter event which was all new to me and they were kind enough to show me how to do it and gave me some of the extra Easter event stuff. We've shared our knowledge with each other, helped each other out, traded, etc. Since then, I've been in regular contact with them on and off the game and am glad to call them friends.

• Like 2
  • Love 5

• Staff

Nominee's IGN: -=Rohan=-
Your IGN: Jamesy
Server & Region:  EU Scourge

Rohan along with teammate Blur, has brought alot of fun and laughs to EU scourge. They get along really well with everyone, are extremely helpful with new players, and just generally bring happy vibes to everyone they interact with. They always get involved in events, and are always having some RP fun (generally plotting against admins 😄 ) 

The 2 of them are fantastic examples of what PVE servers are all about. 

• Like 6
  • Love 4

• Staff

Nominee's IGN: Blur
Your IGN: Jamesy

Blur along with teammate -=Rohan=-, has brought alot of fun and laughs to EU scourge. They get along really well with everyone, are extremely helpful with new players, and just generally bring happy vibes to everyone they interact with. They always get involved in events, and are always having some RP fun (generally plotting against admins 😄 ) 

The 2 of them are fantastic examples of what PVE servers are all about. 

• Like 4
  • Love 5

• Staff

Nominee's IGN: Northstarz
Your IGN: a3/0sclauan
Server & Region: US pure

from my first login to any of the EZ servers, North has been an incredible example of the reason we have the playerbase we do on pure, as well as a huge reason why i ended up calling pure my home for over 1000 hours now.  her patience and helpfulness even towards those that may have come on to troll is unrivalled, and her huge shop every wipe without fail is instrumental in helping new players find what they need to become successful for themselves.  no matter how busy she is, she'll find the time to help anyone that needs it, while maintaining the same love for the game, players, and community.  

• Like 4
  • Love 7

Nominee's IGN: sharla.windrider
Your IGN:  Anonymous Player

Sharla.windrider is awesome! If anyone needs help on the server setting up electricity, they always offer to go to the player and help them out. I kept "avoiding" electricity for a long time. When I finally decided to give it a try to get lights going in my base, Sharla came to help me even though I was doing very basic things that most people know and I felt silly needing help with it.  Even on Discord Sharla replies to questions about electricity, provides diagrams and explanations.  So many people have Sharla to thank for making this often annoying part of Rust fun to do.  Sharla also talks to new players, helps them out, and Arcadia is a regular build and a great place to hang out on the server. All around great player to have on the server!

• Like 1
  • Love 5

• Staff

Nominee's IGN: JRock39
Your IGN: Razzleberry

I would like to second a nomination for JRock39. 

About JRock39:

Ever heard of RustFM? This amazing radio station is brought to you by JRock39 over on US Survival. JRock is a player who constantly brings fun to our server and we appreciate him dearly. Whether hosting a contest or creating customized ads to play on RustFM, JRock brings a party to wherever he is at. 

We appreciate you Magic Mike!

• Like 1
  • Love 8

Nominee's IGN: Tia
Your IGN: SweetBeef

It doesn’t matter what server Tia plays on, she’s well known to so many. She loves the game and the community, always chatting and trying to uplift anyone around. If someone needs something or help she doesn’t hesitate and does what she can. She offers EZ store items in a vendy for those that may not be able buy them and loves returning the scrap she gets back to the community by buying from people, hiring people to do a job, or just giving it and stuff to people needing help. How I met Tia on Pure was being her taxi one day. She loves fighting Karen and has build many public towers for people to have a chance at fighting her and even offers teaching people how to fight her. On Scourge she has Karen Tours where we load up on a party bus and go to different places on the map and fight Karen. There has been so many new and current players that have enjoyed this. She gives people meds, ammo and guns so they can partake in the fun and the loot goes to anyone that needs it. She does all this for the joy and memories it creates and wants everyone to enjoy and have fun in the game.

• Love 13

Nominee's IGN: AlexaNightFire
Your IGN: SweetBeef

Rust EZ has so many wonderful admin but I feel Alexa stands out from the group. She’s there for everyone no matter what server they’re on, helping and answering questions in game and in discord. She’s everywhere and always on it’s almost like she’s a robot. Lol She interacts with the community a lot and makes everyone feel welcome. The events she puts together are so fun and it’s wonderful to get to play with players I most likely wouldn’t see outside the events. She’s so creative with her events and always finds a way to make them work when the server is wanting to be a pain. Her Rust Olympics was one of the most fun things to participate in and it actually improved my gameplay. She’s a joy and I feel like she creates so many ways to bring all the server communities together.

• Love 11

--- RustEZ Awesome Player Award Nomination Form ---

Nominee's IGN: silver196543
Your IGN: WaffleFrog

Silver is a very kind and generous player. Silver always likes to help out new people or inexperienced players on US Scourge. He gives away items as well as knowledge and a good time for free insisting that he doesn't need nor want any payment back. Silver brings life and joy to the server whenever he hops on and where ever he may roam about. He always manages to put a smile on peoples face like when he came up to me learning I was new and trying to build a farm. He ended up giving me a test generator and a pump jack for free hoping that I had fun on the server and went places with my farm. Silver is like family to all players he manages to find and meet.

• Love 10

Nominee's IGN: HagsaN
Your IGN: Ouchmousie
Server & Region: EU Survival

She's my best friend but I am not biased. Ask anyone about her and they will tell you what a friendly, helping, chatty person she is. As many of us do, she deals with a lot of shit irl but she never ever shows it to anyone ig. She wants to keep the spirits up and just murder scientists and bears. 😂 Unlike myself, I've not once seen her rage at anyone ever. I always wondered how can someone always be so patient with randos on the internet (even if they are total asses she stays nice). She is an epic Rust artist! She can free-hand paint/draw EPIC pieces of art on the canvases/frames ig, seriously!

Edited by Ouchmousie
  • Like 2
  • Love 7

Your IGN: Assless Chaps

Silver was the first person who came to my mind when I started to think of an awesome player. As anyone who plays on a server with him knows, he is very kind and generous to everyone. I constantly see him saying nice things and helping people out, giving them whatever items they may be looking for. I think his generosity also inspires other players to pay it forward as well, and that has a great positive impact on everyone in the server! He is without a doubt an awesome player.

• Love 8

Nominee's IGN: Elixil3
Your IGN: Coldheartdeath
Server & Region: AU survival 

i  nominated for the RustEZ Awesome Player Award  elixil3 for his hard work and dedicated to the Au survival server, his leadership and teaching , helping and assisting players and he has personal inspires me to be a better admin/player 

• Love 6

Your IGN: Mister Dobalina

Anybody that plays on US Scourge or has played on US Scourge knows Silver. Silver is always in chat checking up on players, making sure everyone is doing alright, extending sympathies if they aren't, and helping out in any and every way he can. He's one of those players that you can't help but notice and appreciate for his great attitude and helpful spirit. He's the perfect embodiment of the RustEZ community and we have all benefited from his presence.

• Like 1
  • Love 9

Nominee's IGN: silver196543
Your IGN: Bunny FooFoo
Server & Region: US Scourge

Silver without a doubt is a crucial part of our community on US Scourge.  He has a genuine heart of gold and always checks in on us regulars (and new players as well) to be sure we are doing good, along with his willingness to give to the community as a whole.  He enjoys the game, the relaxation of it, the variety of things we can do as players.  He is legitimately one of the reasons that I am here, as he drives that community feel.  It is so sweet to hear about his grandkids and how much they influence his life.  He helps us create a heartwarming feel in chat, even if just in game mechanics.  He is knowledgeable about the game and helps where ever he can to guide newer players.  He's the best 🙂

• Like 1
  • Love 8

Nominee: JRock39

My IGN: ConMan

I am nominating JRock because he does some amazing things on our server and is always willing to help new and old players alike. He does some great things with RustFM and has dedicated a lot of time and money into something for our servers specifically. He helps out players by giving them scrap in the form of giveaways on his radio station as well as giving items to players in need. JRock has always put a smile on my face when I interact with him and he is full of surprises. I can always count on JRock to entertain the community and put on a good show for everyone to enjoy. Our server definitely would not be the same without him, Thanks for all you do JRock!

• Love 8

Nominee's IGN: Blur
Your IGN: Mikeymate

Played on EU Scourge for a few months and someone always around to help me out is Blur.

Being of the errrr older generation i am not completely up to speed with the game. Blur Helped me figure out why i died in my own base, probably due to the patrol heli and advised how to stop it happening again (Glass windows). May sound bog standard stuff to some but i didn't  know. Showed me Large oil rig this wipe, which was nice of Blurr (& Spring). My base at the moment is a shop base, based around a "tree" so, as Blurr calls it, a tree house. Someone chopped one of the trees down. Blur helped me figure out how to protect the last remaining one. Its not just me that Blur has helped, i have seen more than a few occasions where Blur helped out other players. I did agree with a comment once where another player suggested Blurr apply for admin, but wasn't interested.

• Love 4

Nominee's IGN: Prophyt
Your IGN: BravoBeard
Server & Region: US Pure

This player has been very active this wipe in the chat answer gameplay mechanic questions for new players.  He has been actively interacting with players to get them over hurdles.  He has also been active in making cars available to newer players.  I hesitate to ask the chat for help due to my own pride.  When I found myself starving/freezing in the mountains with a busted up heli and no fuel, he organized a rescue mission for me.  I am grateful.

• Confused 1
  • Love 3