Map Changes

Death

Community Poll  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Play it safe or risk larger maps for Janurary?

• Play it safe, keep the same
    • Increment slowly, slight risk of issues
    • Other (Explain in a reply)

I found this wipe to be easier unless I was trying to drive the road where the bases are crowded, then I figured out it was easier to bang my car with a hammer and run past then call it in further down the road!   I did build further away and off a main road, my bases tend to be medium size and I usually have just one level 10 PJ and one level 10 quarry as I try not to add too much to the lag.  I really enjoyed the events the admin put on, you have a top notch crew on here, thanks for providing a really nice place to play Rust and cultivating a great community of players.

• Like 1

I could make a quick video tutorial about the basics of blockers, switches and solar panels. Mentioning how wind turbines are necessary most of the time and how excessive use of these and search lights can cause performance issues. I'd keep it as short as possible.

I've often done these at work for almost 14 years now, for various purposes. All I'd need is the EZ logo in it's original format (.ai, .eps, .psd).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lord McGuffin said:

I could make a quick video tutorial about the basics of blockers, switches and solar panels. Mentioning how wind turbines are necessary most of the time and how excessive use of these and search lights can cause performance issues. I'd keep it as short as possible.

I've often done these at work for almost 14 years now, for various purposes. All I'd need is the EZ logo in it's original format (.ai, .eps, .psd).

Absolutely should and post in tips and tricks. Problem is all these videos exist. People just dont know or dont care. But having one directly here would be great. 

Tough call but I would say let's slowly get back to a larger map.  I take a few days to get set up with a permanent base and by that time all the better build sites are reserved.  I like to build on islands, close to rivers and on the top of hills as much as anyone but that is not what's left after even one day.  A larger map gives me a better shot but I suppose it's pretty easy to just throw up another 10 or 20 TCs.  Every wipe I pass by all the reserved sites and so many of them are never even used!  It's one of the quirks of EZ that I find hard to understand. 

• Like 2