Feedback & Suggestions

Death

• Staff
5 hours ago, Aurora said:

What about a few AI at some of the monuments? Nothing too crazy (like 1-3 on patrol) – just enough to add variety and challenge for the solo players who take longer to progress to the point where they can tackle the bigger ones (i.e. brad, heli, rigs). 

This is extremely dependent on the custom map and will be different each month. I'll keep this in mind when looking for the next map but no promises 👀

• Like 1

• Staff
On 8/30/2022 at 7:24 AM, Syllabusy said:

How many servers will there be? 1 for EU, US, and AU? Also ive been wanting more penalties for players for example trading costing credits and teleports to home having a cooldown that increases with use.

Our plan is to offer them same coverage as our main servers. However, to cover costs we'll be expanding slowly. So if/when US takes off we'll expand to EU and AU. 🙂

few thing i would love to see i know garrison is gone and idk if he will come back but that was really fun to have a raid base second thing was i hate having to worry about my horse when im out i would love to have private horses that would help stop some people from doing stupid things third thing i think there should be more stuff to sell such as gun powder lastly i love this sever and i understand stuff takes a while to do but those are my suggestions <3

2 minutes ago, TCarter said:

few thing i would love to see i know garrison is gone and idk if he will come back but that was really fun to have a raid base second thing was i hate having to worry about my horse when im out i would love to have private horses that would help stop some people from doing stupid things third thing i think there should be more stuff to sell such as gun powder lastly i love this sever and i understand stuff takes a while to do but those are my suggestions ❤️

put it on a hitch and put food it in and the horse will be fine

Still very early in the wipe but my initial reaction:

1. Performance is great. No issues roaming, no crazy giant bases.  I think having decay enabled helps a ton.

2. I’m not sure there is any value from the players standpoint with the subscription. The community is great but with everything close to vanilla, there isn’t a difference than playing on a free, low pop server. 

Just my opinion 🙂  

18 minutes ago, Phelany said:

Still very early in the wipe but my initial reaction:

1. Performance is great. No issues roaming, no crazy giant bases.  I think having decay enabled helps a ton.

2. I’m not sure there is any value from the players standpoint with the subscription. The community is great but with everything close to vanilla, there isn’t a difference than playing on a free, low pop server. 

Just my opinion 🙂  

I believe it is different for it is the Rustez community still and it is harder than all the other rustez servers 

1. "crackhead amount of skins" appears to be missing. AFK timer appears to be increased! YAY!!

2. Sort no longer automatically stacks like items together. it sorts 5 stacks of 10 wood in to 5 stacks instead of one stack of 50 like the other servers. Right clicking on a stack of  X doesn't fill the input of Y.

3. currently at k17 Sept wipe and a full TC of wood and stone covers less than 13 days. maybe a slight tweak in decay? i'd say i have a medium size build at the top of the river.

4. I know the furnace type UI's have changed but do you plan on having the no fuel requirement set back up eventually?

5. not just here but over the last wipe on us scourge as well, bears are pulling aggro through stone walls and stick their head through and try and eat me. lol

6. keep up the good work! ❤️ awesome server!!

-Josh

ps. auto door closer not in loot tables, is that intended?

Edited by jamtoa
typo

10 hours ago, Sgttuggle said:

4. I know the furnace type UI's have changed but do you plan on having the no fuel requirement set back up eventually?

We will have to farm vood on elysium for everything that is intended to make things more interesting 

is this your opinion or an actual statement from someone on the server team that I missed?

I feel the need to post my thoughts and suggestions for a few days now, because in discord they'll all just get lost.

It's also very hard to do because I see a lot of contraversion going on with the goal of the server. Unless I understand what the goal is, it's really hard to suggest something but I'll take it that you want to make it more harder and griendier.

I'll start with the things I don't quite like and also try to provide some suggestions. This is all my personal point of view also taking into account what other players have said.

THE NEGATIVES:

1) QUARRIES - it was said by some people including admins that there are no quarries and yet all the quarries are working perfectly fine. Not only that, but also marauders base has an extra PJ, and there are additional 3 marauders quarries which produce stone/sulfur/frags/hqm all at the same time. I also understand that these extra quarries is a custom map thing. Since PJ's are not a problem and they can be bought in store, the quarries can get stuffed pretty quickly and very frequently. So the suggestion would be to tweak production output. 1/10th of what they're producing now, requiring the same amount of input would be challenging enough. So if on pure in 8 hours hqm quarry is able to produce 3k hqm, make it 300, or 500 ... it's not much, but it's with the intent to help a bit to the grinded amount instead of making you rich on the second day of wipe. The current returns work great for PVP and non-instanced quarries as they need to produce ridiculous amounts for the time given someone is actually there and is risking all his loot. That's not the case with PVE and instanced quarries however, so a reduction of output would be more balanced for PVE servers. I know I know I can just not use them but what's the point of me not using them if everyone else is.

2) STACK SIZE - I feel like the stack sizes are too large so it's very easy to carry huge amounts of loot. If the goal is to make it harder, I'd suggest lowering those stack amounts so people would really appreaciate what's worth more to them to carry in those runs. They mostly apply to raw material like ores and wood. I guess it's ok if you want to do some deforestation. It would be ideal though if you could carry the large stacks but furnaces and pumpjacks and quarries wouldn't allow you to exceed the vanilla amounts.

3) CH47 locked crates - locked crates also need to be nerfed a bit. If you see point 4 then there's an option to add some patrolling scientists to the crates to add some challenge. 

4) NPCs at monuments - as I wrote already on discord, then the creator of this map has intended custom monuments to be patrolling by scientists (or marauders in this case). The plugin is called "BetterNPC" and it costs 30$ which I offered to be taken entirely from me. Scientists in these monuments are crucial and adds more to the gameplay. The scientists are totally configurable in terms of guns they have, hp and etc. It also can be used on other servers and next maps to come but I feel that it's a must have. Otherwise those monuments feel a bit empty. Also, some people have aggreed that those marauders patroling there would be an awesome addition. Also I'm aware that would cost some extra time which you may not have. But I feel like having to configure a few general groupsets is a one time thing. If you want I can explore the possibilities a little deeper.

5) Fast crafting / recycling - well I think this needs to go. Craft times also adds to the game  - either you need a mixing table to craft large amounts of bullets, gp or you just insant craft it youself. Kinda breaks the experience a little. It's not like I need to instant craft stuff on the fly in the field nor I can do it without a workbench most of the time.

The POSITIVES :

1) Custom map - First and foremost THE MAP IS AMAZING. Like really really amazing, no doubt about it. Hands down the best map I've ever played. 

2) NET WORTH a.k.a. SHOP - having the net worth is great. It adds some more possibilities to players who already have everything. It would be awesome if you could add raidable bases to the shopping list sometime in the future.

3) BRAD/HELI LOOT - brad/heli loot is nerfed down and that's really great. I feel that that the M2 and L96 % needs to be a liiiitle bit lower though.

4) No portable recycler - I'm totally cool with that but I suggest giving 1 recycler free for VIP's to be placed in their base. That would be fair to cover the VIP perks given that there's no portable one.

5) DECAY - decay is a fundamental mechanic of the game. I hate to reapeat myself but PURE also must have decay 😄

6) FUEL - there has to be a fuel requirement. I'm glad that no-fuel is not planned on this server.

7) Subscriber only - subscriber only feature works great as there is no need for an admin to help with rule breakers. Also I'd suggest to open up the server to non-subscribers a day or two before the wipe like it was suggested and done previously as that could bring a bit more players in. 

GENERAL:

I was able to acquire 2 HMLMG's,  2 bolties, countless AK's with other high-tier stuff from CH47 locked crates by 6th hour in the wipe, build a tower and take down 3 patrol helis in the next few hours. So the general assumption that the crates need to be a little nerfed and have lower % of high-tier loot comes from that. OR they need to be protected by patrolling scientists, so the crates are not so easy to get to. 

I may have forgotten a few things, but these are the main points running through my mind.

Thank you for your work and the best community in Rust history!

Edited by Norek
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

will say I love this months map but it does lack npcs was super excited when i saw the video of it for i thought it had npcs still a great map but it is lacking plus I would like to see no quarries or excavator for with them mining is kinda irrelevant and this map has the reg 3 quarries but the special quarries give everything so there is no need to mine 

The only suggestion I have is to add more NPC's I know I sound like a broken record with all the other replies, but I wanted to echo my feelings. I understand this was the inaugural wipe for the new server. I assume that means the powers that be wanted to make sure things were going as smoothly as possible without a bunch of roaming NPCs (which would be great btw). I'd love a heavier dose of NPCs even at the cost of a smaller map. If this is to be a low pop server then a smaller map wouldn't hurt anything.