Feedback & Suggestions

Death

There's a bit of an issue in N9 of the map. The Chinooks get stuck there on the structure in the sky. As I type this, there's two of them there. Last night there was three at once, which I didn't even think was possible. 

Here's some pics attached. 

In feedback terms, I'd agree with most of what been said already, but I'd add that I would like to see more advantages considering that we're all at the very least Subscribers. I'm sure in most cases most people that play here are VIPs as well, so imho it feels like there should be some perks there, besides just not having to put up with meatheads. Maybe we could have a lower teleport cost (especially since there's no world tp's), or free recycler or something.

One other thing I think I saw mentioned already; I feel like the burn rate for wood should be turned down a bit. I'm forever harvesting wood. I go through about 100k a day trying to keep an RP style home in the snow looking and feeling the way it should. I don't mind a server being difficult, but some of us have jobs and can't play Rust for a living 😉 

2022-09-12 11_54_42-Rust.png

2022-09-12 11_48_06-Rust.png

2022-09-12 10_52_11-Rust.png

Edited by CTCT.
Forgot something cos I need more coffee.
  • Confused 1

On 9/8/2022 at 4:55 PM, Norek said:

1) QUARRIES - it was said by some people including admins that there are no quarries and yet all the quarries are working perfectly fine. Not only that, but also marauders base has an extra PJ, and there are additional 3 marauders quarries which produce stone/sulfur/frags/hqm all at the same time. I also understand that these extra quarries is a custom map thing. Since PJ's are not a problem and they can be bought in store, the quarries can get stuffed pretty quickly and very frequently. 

I think some of this is based on the custom map itself. Last wipe, mats were scarce with no public quarries. I played the entire wipe and still only had enough frags & HQM in the last week of wipe to do half my heli tower  – bottom half and center was still stone. This wipe I missed the first 6 days and I'm sitting on 100k HQM and a box of frags.

---------------

Adding in other comments: I like having to put effort in to progression and enjoy it more when progression to end-game items and objectives take longer than 5 days to achieve. Hopefully future maps will be a little less generous than this one (but damn this is a great map to play with unique monuments).  

It's been a few years since I actually played the game and decided to jump on here last wipe. This is a fun, relaxed, and enjoyable server. Different from the other EZ servers but equally as brilliant. 😉 

~ A

Holy crap! I know I asked for more NPCs but this is ridiculous. I just spent an entire in-game day and 70 meds trying to get near launch to take brad but the snipers are turned up to 11. They can hit me over the slopes of hills and through trees that I can't even see where they are at. If they can't be turned off can we at least enable the APC distress signals to work wherever they are thrown. It's not much fun when I can't even get to the monument because the Astronauts and Sentries have zero bullet drop over distance and seemingly have predator vision to see me through the forest. I want to keep coming back to Elysium but this crap makes me want to cancel my subscription.

9 hours ago, Pacific_Central said:

Holy crap! I know I asked for more NPCs but this is ridiculous. I just spent an entire in-game day and 70 meds trying to get near launch to take brad but the snipers are turned up to 11. They can hit me over the slopes of hills and through trees that I can't even see where they are at. If they can't be turned off can we at least enable the APC distress signals to work wherever they are thrown. It's not much fun when I can't even get to the monument because the Astronauts and Sentries have zero bullet drop over distance and seemingly have predator vision to see me through the forest. I want to keep coming back to Elysium but this crap makes me want to cancel my subscription.

I am sure if ya ask in chat for help someone will help ya clear the npcs

Do it a few times in a group, you'll learn the locations of the NPC's, and then you'll be able to solo it after. I built a tower for the first 2 tower guards on N14, use it, it will help. There are only 6-7 towers with heavies with L96's which require 3 headshots (been nerfed to 2 it seems) from a L96 or bolty.

The launch site now needs to be approached with caution instead of "go, kill brad, loot, go home". But I had the same reaction on my first encounter while flying over launch and then trying to recover my gear countless times 😄 .. until we did it in a group of 3, learned what's going on there, where's everyone, and we actually enjoyed it so much that we did it again, and then just went on with different groups until everyone on server was familiar with it.

So pull yourself together, wipe away those tears, and go get them.

P.S. NPCs are awesome

Edited by Norek
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

My first time? I freaking LOVE it! It reminded me of when I first started playing, back before most of the PVE servers became available, and everything and everyone tried to kill you. It brought back the fun intensity I endured learning the game early on. I'm excited to see what's to come. 🧡

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It was a cool jump to go from Scourge, which I play daily and love that server, to play on Elysium. I like the map design and the difficulty factor. The NPC's caught me off guard on how strong they are but its honestly really fun. Wish more people played on the server to get more involvement. I wish I could have my nw carry over from Scourge but I'm glad it doesn't so it truly is a challenge. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

It seems like the NPCs are way OP this wipe. I was a grid and a half away from Launch and started getting shot at- not sniped, shot. Eventually, they killed me from that distance. Then, the NPC ran across those grids to kill me as soon as I had revived. Then, I revived again and they chased me back to my base, shooting all the while! So bizarre!

In another example, I was at junkyard and was getting one shotted by an NPC with a shotgun who was a good 40 feet away with a halfwall between us. And all the NPCs move really fast! I like some challenge, sure, but the fight needs to be more fair.

• 1 month later...

I seem to be having trouble with Remote-controlled turrets.  I don't know if it's just this server. 

I can set up the turret, set it's ID, and can connect to it successfully with a computer station.  I can control the turret and look around, but I cannot fire the turret.
When the turret is in Peacekeeper mode, it cannot be connected to at all, and when it's in attack all, it'll shoot NPC's just fine.

Basically, I can do anything I want with it, except shoot it while remotely controlling it.  

• 3 months later...

Let me start by saying I love EZ and deeply appreciate all the work everyone does to make this a reality.  

Few things need to be addressed imo.

- I LOVE a challenge but Elysium is as frustrating as playing against hackers.  Humans get banned by anti cheat for what these bots are doing. When your personal skills can't effect the outcome in a game its pointless to play. EG: Train yard, I shoot them from distance and as they run at me i get 8+ headshots on them as they close in, and it doesn't damage them, then by the time they can take damage they are right on me and insta kill me. And they bullseye sniping from a quad away when you can't even see the monument clearly yet, let alone have the chance to look and see who shot you is silly, and when you run away but they still snipe you over the next quad too without ever missing. How can anyone defend that? lol. I love heavies with L9 defending mil bases and shooting you from a distance, but they should have realistic spotting distance, shooting distance and they gotta have reasonable % chance to hit you which bell curve decreases with distance. I hope something can be done because i love the idea of Elysium, but no one plays with hackers, whether they are humans or bots. Maybe I just suck lol, but it's how I feel.

- really? 😄 Walls don't work?

image.thumb.png.503b1a00ab5c902c59306e795d9c515e.png

Other than these two issues, I love Elysium. 😄

Ty ❤️

Edited by Scotty

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...