player attempted to grub my oil rig

• Staff

hello @c0rd0v4n!

i'm sorry to hear you ran into an issue with another player while participating in the oil rig monument! on our servers public monuments are open for any and all players to participate and loot.  This means that players and teams cannot call dibbs on a monument, even if you were there first, cleared the entire monument, or killed the most scientists.  While the other players actions may have been unsavory to say the least, what they did was not against the rules.  We do encourage players share loot in these instances, and would suggest speaking to the other player(s) as soon as you notice their presence to come up with an agreeable plan of action beforehand for the best outcome for all parties involved.  Again i'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience with your oil rig run, and if there's anything else you would like to discuss or clarify, dont hesitate to reach out to an admin in game (green names)!

~a3

On 11/17/2022 at 6:06 AM, a 3/0 sc lauan said:

hello @c0rd0v4n!

i'm sorry to hear you ran into an issue with another player while participating in the oil rig monument! on our servers public monuments are open for any and all players to participate and loot.  This means that players and teams cannot call dibbs on a monument, even if you were there first, cleared the entire monument, or killed the most scientists.  While the other players actions may have been unsavory to say the least, what they did was not against the rules.  We do encourage players share loot in these instances, and would suggest speaking to the other player(s) as soon as you notice their presence to come up with an agreeable plan of action beforehand for the best outcome for all parties involved.  Again i'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience with your oil rig run, and if there's anything else you would like to discuss or clarify, dont hesitate to reach out to an admin in game (green names)!

~a3

Actually not true.

While public monuments are open for anyone to participate, a fair share of the loot is for a fair share of the work. That means don't expect a share of the locked crate for killing just 1 scientist. You have to put equal effort in.
Alternatively, what c0rd0v4n is reporting is NOT fair share, and can also be construed as griefing and stealing. That should require admin intervention.

Remeber the last rule: be a decent human being.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Staff

"A fair share of the loot for a fair share of the work" was addressed for those events which required such in the form of instanced loot for heli and brad.  

Additionally a situation such as this is impossible to take action on without having physically been present to see what actually happened, as it's hard to judge exactly what the other player did or didnt do while you're also focused on eliminating targets yourself. 

If it was determined that a player was acting in bad faith in this regard, it wouldnt warrant more than a speaking to verbally as this specific issue isnt included in the server rules. 

As far as the "be a decent human being" rule is concerned, our team on US Pure dont believe that's a blank check for enforcement of rules we make up on the spot, and instead use it as a last case scenario. We would much prefer speaking to and reforming players instead of heavy handed admin actions with no backbone for the sake of sending out warnings.  

At the end of the day we enforce the rules, we do not enforce not rules, and player disputes are best handled amongst themselves both as a communication building tool as well as a dispute resolution tool.  

~a3

• Love 1
On 11/19/2022 at 4:54 PM, Postanou said:

Actually not true.

While public monuments are open for anyone to participate, a fair share of the loot is for a fair share of the work. That means don't expect a share of the locked crate for killing just 1 scientist. You have to put equal effort in.
Alternatively, what c0rd0v4n is reporting is NOT fair share, and can also be construed as griefing and stealing. That should require admin intervention.

Remeber the last rule: be a decent human being.

I was under the same impression. 

• 9 months later...

I realise this is 12 months old and "resolved" but I think there is an important question raised that wasn't addressed.

Although the monument itself is open to everyone, the issue is the locked crate.  Unlike CH47 dropped crates, the oil rig crates are in a card room. Behind red and blue cards.

So, is entering a loot room opened by someone else ok?

Surely entering a card room that you didn't open to loot the crates, of any type, is against the rules? 

• Staff

It's one of those things that are incredibly hard to moderate, as each situation can differ. 

It's usually not as black and white as it seems. There is no strict interpretation of rules regarding card rooms. In theory, a duo could be running the whole rig. Killing all scientists, opening the green and blue card rooms, and then suddenly someone flies over and opens the red card room and yoinks the locked crate. 

That also negatively impacts the duo's fun. The above is just one example out of dozens.

For us admins, we try to appeal on the players themselves to cooperate and share. It's a community server with hundreds of different players and a limited amount of monuments . Interacting with others is a big part of it. Sometimes you can take it all, sometimes you have to share and sometimes you have to take a deep breath, accept a loss and try again later. 

If a situation turns heated you can ask an admin to mediate, but if there is only fingerpointing and no clear evidence to back up either story, there won't be much an admin can do. 

Hope this clears it up a bit.  

If you have more general questions it is best to ask them in #General in the Discord chat. You can get input from players and admins alike.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 9/20/2023 at 11:02 PM, Rohan said:

It's one of those things that are incredibly hard to moderate, as each situation can differ. 

It's usually not as black and white as it seems. There is no strict interpretation of rules regarding card rooms. In theory, a duo could be running the whole rig. Killing all scientists, opening the green and blue card rooms, and then suddenly someone flies over and opens the red card room and yoinks the locked crate. 

That also negatively impacts the duo's fun. The above is just one example out of dozens.

For us admins, we try to appeal on the players themselves to cooperate and share. It's a community server with hundreds of different players and a limited amount of monuments . Interacting with others is a big part of it. Sometimes you can take it all, sometimes you have to share and sometimes you have to take a deep breath, accept a loss and try again later. 

If a situation turns heated you can ask an admin to mediate, but if there is only fingerpointing and no clear evidence to back up either story, there won't be much an admin can do. 

Hope this clears it up a bit.  

If you have more general questions it is best to ask them in #General in the Discord chat. You can get input from players and admins alike.

I still feel that falls under griefing but 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Staff
On 9/26/2023 at 8:44 PM, Sr_Nova_ said:

I still feel that falls under griefing but 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yes, but no. But also yes. Maybe, but maybe also yes or no. Yes?

Context and situation is important for the interpretation and reaction. In most cases looting a room someone else opened would be griefing, but not always.

If it becomes a discussion, it's up to the active admin(s) to make a judgement call, and for that you need to weigh the facts.

My reaction just explains the difficulty with that in those cases, though our competent admins usually work out satisfactory solutions in my experience. 😊

• Like 2