Appel a ban from TiffDust for language

• Staff

I was disappointed to see this, but you had used a short offensive homophobic term to rename another players sleeping bag. It happened in december wipe on the au scourge server.  The word was typed in such a way that it avoids detection by the auto ban script (shortened and in other contexts a double meaning for other regions.) I responded to your dm on discord with a similar explanation as at the time i was a bit busy, thanks for being patient. 
With the information before you, i look forward to your considered appeal.

that does not tell me any think
surely there would be leeway as its a team mates bag that has been changed. if there was a COMPLANT made i could surely understand a ban. but considering there has been no COMPLANT  made and this is 2 months ago it seems abit unfair to inforce a ban on
i was always told by admin what  happens in your own base is up to you as long as no one from the general public has access to it. you bases always have coded locked doors and no one apart from our community is able to get in.

afitzger88 — Today at 7:58 PM
hello. i have been informed i have been banned for naming a sleeping bag somethinik innapropiate. i have not played the zombie server in 48 days so i dont think this is a correct ban

TiffDust — Today at 8:01 PM
Hi, yes you renamed a bag owned by another player twice to something that is only ever purposefully derogatory in december wipe. (edited)

afitzger88 — Today at 10:02 PM
you can noy rename anyone elses bag. you can only rename your own

TiffDust — Today at 10:02 PM
or another player in your team.

TiffDust — Today at 10:53 PM

afitzger88 — Today at 11:01 PM
that does not tell me anythink
[11:02 PM]
surley there would be leway as its a team mates bag that has been changed. if there was a complant made i could surley understad a ban. but considering there has been no complant  made and this is 2 months ago it seems abit unfair to put a ban on
[11:07 PM]
i was always told by admion whats  happens in your own base is up to you as long as no one from the general public has accsess to it

@afitzger88
i was always told by admion whats happens in your own base is up to you as long as no one from the general public has accsess to it

TiffDust — Today at 11:11 PM
that would be incorrect, the auto script bans for racism and language.

afitzger88 — Today at 11:12 PM
and what  is i have said

TiffDust — Today at 11:12 PM
it's a 3letter word, ends in g rhymes with bag

Upon having a conversation with TiffDust over discord I have been accused of calling my friend an  inappropriate / Homophobic name. the following is my response after being told the offence i had allegedly made.

In your opinion!!!!! I was  being disrespectful. the word FAG has many different meanings. this is  why auto correct would not have picked  it up. yes a agree this word is sometimes used for a homosexuality term. buy in this case I was referring to my Friend who always smokes a bucket load of  CIGARETTS and that's why we all call him the name FAG (fag = cigarette).  You have just seen the worst in the situation without asking any questions first!! If there were questions asked first we would all be laughing about the fact my friends name is FAG and I would have said I apologize and will not use this name anymore!! I Think given the misunderstanding I should have my BAN lifted and I will no longer use this name IN GAME! but  of course I will still continue to call him by his nick name  OUTSIDE of game

• Haha 1
  • Staff

Thank you for appealing. We do not lift bans for language which has only one meaning, that being purposefully racist or severely derogatory. 

While we do understand that this language permeates music, comedy, movies, other media and nicknames, it is something we do not feel is appropriate to have in our servers.

Pejorative terms and derogatory words such as what were used on your account, are not welcome in any context. This includes in global chat, on signs, and written on notes or sleeping bags.

The ban will not be lifted.

• Like 3

I dont think this is a fair and correct ise of being an admin. To be admin is has mutable responsibilities. Yes i agree you have achieved one of thoose responsibilities by raising concern about use of certain words. However as an admin you are also responsible for sorting out any issues that may arise. That meams listening to all sides of a situation and acting accordingly. 

It does seem to me you do not care to listen my side of this situation. Instead tou have disregard the reasoning behind the words. 

I think it is only fair to have another read this discussion. I spend many $$$ playing this game every month and would be a shame for all parties if this ban was to stick over a complete misunderstanding use of a word.  If this can not be resoled i would like to have my VIP subscription purchase refunded 

• Haha 2

Any ban may be appealed in the Ban/Mute Appeals section of our website; however, we do not lift bans for language which has only one usage, that being purposefully racist or severely derogatory.

We have and will continue to maintain a zero tolerance for racism. As of April, 2021 we have updated our auto-ban filters to include slang and words that is often intended as derogatory,

but may also have usage that is not purposefully racist. Only in this scenario will the appeal be considered and only if logs clearly indicate such.

If accepted, the ban will be changed to a temporary ban and said player informed that the language used will not be tolerated in any context in our community. No chance to appeal a language ban in the future will be given, regardless of the context.

This information os straight from the information section on the website. You can clearly read in the terms and conditions

"but may also have usage that is not purposefully racist. Only in this scenario will the appeal be considered and only if logs clearly indicate such".

As my use of the word was not used in a purposefully demeaning way and the conversation logs prove this i belive my ban should be changed to a

"temporary ban and said player informed that the language used will not be tolerated in any context in our community"