Monthly Blueprint Knowledge Wipe

Stryker_Ben

BP Knowledge  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Retain BP knowledge on wipe?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/01/2017 at 04:30 AM

Hey there.

I had heard on Pure PVE Chat that blueprint knowledge would be carried over in between wipes, and I have to say that I am not a fan of this concept. I believe that doing so would go against the very belief of PVE as it will make the game much easier over time and remove any semblance of a challenge. Indeed, those who had teched up well during this wipe will be at an innate advantage in the subsequent wipes, as they will have no need to go trading or scavenging for blueprints, making large monuments effectively obsolete. I can also see the sense of trade and community that was established during this wipe to gradually decrease, as more and more players grab all the blueprints they need/want and don't feel motivated to trade with others for such knowledge. I can also see the value of scrap depreciating heavily, as less and less people require it to perform their research. Resentment may grow towards individuals and groups that tech up rapidly and maintain such an advantage throughout wipes.

Overall, I see a lot of negatives and not a lot of positives.

I would like to suggest the idea of a blueprints wiping every month, same time as world wipe. You'd basically just be looking at a neuralyzer and forgetting how to make everything. You would have to start from the ground up. Everyone would have an equal (dis)advantage. In a sense, it would be... fair.

Thank you for listening to my opinion on the matter, and thank you for all the hard work put into the server. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Support. What I enjoyed most about this last wipe was the struggle to find useful blueprints, and the bartering and trading with neighbours and people across the map for rare BPs like refineries and large furnaces. Not having BPs wipe I feel will make gameplay on PVE stagnant.

• Like 7

I agree completely. As somebody who joined the server midway through, it was a lot of fun, building and collecting BPs. I truly did enjoy needing to farm up BPs and needing to trade and barter with other people for resources. Without monthly BP wipes on a PvE server it will stagnate. Once you and everybody else has everything they need, what would be the point of logging in to play?

• Like 3

I agree. I enjoyed to find items and bp them, before i was able to finish my base.  Tbh i only play from wipe-day and 15 days forward, because i had everything. Now if the server doesn't wipe the blueprint knowledge, i might only play 10 days or so. Right now i'm just waiting for the wipe, because i got bored.

I like challenge, so i hope that BP knowledge wipe. See you at the next wipe <3

• Like 3

Between keep all BP or wipe all, I'd choose wipe it all.

The only thing I would really really really want to save over are basic building stuff: floor grill, cell wall, ladders hatches, dropbox, and chainlink fence blueprints. Those don't really do anything in PvE except offer players more taste and preference in what they want to build for their base/homes, and to hide them behind RNG crate-searching and scrap-grinding really melts the spirit. Everything else can go, though.

Edited by Spittz
GRAMMER GRAMMAR REEEEEE
  • Like 2

Yeah me too, then people would respect them more and make more effort to keep them safe.
Prhaps if you had to gather
1000 metal fragments,
200 HQM,
4 springs,
1000 LGF.

Admin would remove the resources and spawn a car?

Edited by maca
  • Love 1

Although I had difficulty with the BP system and think it could us some tweaking, I really like how it brought people together to trade more. I think it also encouraged people to group up and work together more than before. If I'd done that from the beginning, I'd have had a lot easier time lol... As others have said, it also added more playtime,

As for cars, I think spawning them at rad towns would be a great idea. It takes a load off admins and gives some way for people to get cars even when admins aren't around; probably admins would just have to spawn them at rad towns every so often. Only potential issue would be people taking cars while someone is inside the rad town hehe. Probably easily fixed by only spawning cars in a certain part of rad town.

• Like 3

I was torn on the topic; one side it's nice to have everything you need to craft other than the resources, on the other side it's fun to hunt, explore, and visit markets to find bp's or rare items to bp for yourself. I had to vote NO because it makes the game challenging and makes me want to spend more time playing. It's nice to have it all in the beginning but makes the game a bit boring.

• Like 3

I would like to encourage the revisiting of this poll during the next wipe, no matter how the result goes. I feel like having first hand experience with how bp wipe (or lack of one) affects overall gameplay, will establish personal preferences and may allow for a more enlightened vote. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, AlyCat said:

Cars are experimental and only spawnable by admins. Until the devs work on the cars more and implement what they plan to do with them to make them more of a challenge, I think it's better to just give them out.

True, but players just leave them all over because they're free they don't seem to take good care in protecting what your cute and adorable paws manually created just for them. ;_; I think that making players earn them somehow or spawning them in limited numbers at rad towns would make them appreciate it more. Maybe you can set a rule that you'll spawn for players only if they have a garage built?

Then they'd complain once cars are implemented that it's too hard to get one or something. I can see it already. lol

• Like 1

You could make a car dealership. Vending machines could be setup selling notes with door codes for 1000HQM or whatever price in a single resource. The door code would open an area with a car in it and you could take it where ever. Admins would then respawn and reset codes to restock the dealership. 

An issue I can see with requiring a cost to a car is if someone steals one it's more of a big deal. Presumably it would be considered looting but might not be the easiest thing to enforce. 

• Like 3