Purifying Pure

Death

• Staff

As many of you may have noticed, our Pure servers have been on the decline lately, and that's mostly in part of it being listed under modded and being mostly vanilla. Most players who search for the experience Pure offers do so in the community tab. Because of this, we plan to bring Pure back to the community tab to reinvigorate player growth and bring the server back to its roots.

In order to do so, we must ensure the server meets the community guidelines. This means we'll be purifying Pure to bring it back to its former glory and once again offer a Pure experience for players to enjoy PvE in once again. We'll be removing any unqualified feature on all Pure servers over the span of 3 months to give players and admins time to adjust. Have a look at our roadmap below!

Explanation

Before you dive into the roadmap, just know that our Pure servers flourished when they were 100% vanilla, and that was mostly due to our incredible admin team that stepped in and assisted players long before the implementation of the salvage hammer tool. While admins have no obligation to be your personal remover tool, they won't mind giving a hand within reason if one is available to help.

Pure was our first-ever server and had maintained a healthy player base for over 5 years. While the player base now is pretty significant, the retention is pretty awful. The server peaks around 100 players on wipe and falls to about 40 after the first week. This is not good. This means we have quite a bit of players experiencing less than-ideal community presence for the majority of the wipe. That's the opposite of what our servers are about.

That's enough of my rant! Please check out the roadmap below so there are no surprises. For our long-time Pure players I appreciate your understanding and hope we can deliver you the experience you signed up for long ago. ❤️

Roadmap

This is our list of planned deprecation of server features over the span of 3 months to slowly progress our Pure server back to the community tab, which requires a complete vanilla experience.

October 5th Wipe

1. Removal of instanced quarries, pumpjacks, and giant excavator.
  2. Removal of instanced helicopter and APC loot.

November 2nd Wipe

1. Removal of /sil and other sign artist commands for players.
  2. Removal of all server loot protections spanning containers, vehicles, and player bodies and corpses.

December 7th Wipe

1. Removal of the salvaged hammer remover tool. *
  2. Removal of portable recycler for VIP. **
  3. Removal of the donation store. (Only memberships will be purchasable.)

* With the removal of the salvaged hammer, we'll be expanding on the game's pickup system to enable pick up on all of the entities we can to reduce the burden on players. Foundation and foundation walls will need to be removed via tools or weapons.

** We'll work to implement alternative perks in the future, but as of now, the only perks would be the unique chat color to indicate that you've supported the server. We understand for many, that's not enough, so rest assured we'll find ways to reward you.

• Like 7
  • Sad 4
  • Love 6

• Death pinned this topic
  • Staff
1 minute ago, Legitamas said:

Removal of instanced loot is going to cause a lot of upset without the ability to pvp to keep people from stealing isn’t it?

Admins will intervene if there are disputes. Damage is logged and admins will see which players dealt the most damage and therefore qualify for loot.

• Staff

Seems like this is the best course of action. I know your top priority is to help keep people here on the server and make sure we "try to stay happy". Obviously, removing the VIP Rec is not amazing, but I know you always have something cooking in the back end to work on helping those who support you.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Death said:

Removal of instanced quarries, pumpjacks, and giant excavator.

Hell yes! IMO instanced public pumpjacks & quarries ruined the economy on Pure & in turn negatively impacted the server experience. I was advocating to have this removed shortly after it was first brought in.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Will the VIP daily drops remain, or are they leaving with the portable recycler?

It's good that upkeep is not returning, as it's one of the selling points for the server that you have the ability to build larger structures and not need to worry if something occurs that prevents you being able to sign in and farm, and so having your base decay.

Out of curiosity, was there any change in server population/retention after the "tech tree" was brought in, as it seemed to kill the community nature of the servers because there was no real need for trading at that point, with everyone solely focussed on looking for scrap instead (with the constant issue of containers where only the scrap had been removed). Personally I'd love to see the tech tree removed (with or without the return of the "random" research at workbenches).

• Like 1

Removal of instanced quarries, pumpjacks, and giant excavator

What is meant by 'instanced'? If they're being removed completely, this will probably kill my interest in playing on Pure, as using the HQM Quarry is pretty much my go to method of getting the scrap together to unlock something like 80% of the tech trees.

Removal of instanced helicopter and APC loot

Same as above, and what would be the point of having Heli and Brad then if no loot like the L96 and M204?

Removal of all server loot protections spanning containers, vehicles, and player bodies and corpses

I take it this doesn't mean I'll be unable to put locks on box's, doors and cars?

And if decay is added at some point (I know the community was 50/50 on this at one point) how bad is it going to be? One of the big draws to Pure for me is not having to worry about upkeep, thus freeing me up to just got batsh*t with my base, so again could kinda kill my interest in playing on Pure for me.

Instanced means each person see/gets their own. If you put fuel in, I can't see it. It will go back to a public entity after that update.
You can still put locks on things, that's a game mechanic. This refers to the inability of someone to loot items that doesn't belong to them. Meaning people will have to be more vigilant about securing their bases.

As far as upkeep, it doesn't take long to farm up upkeep mats.

Edited by tribrats

• Yay, fighting nakeds for heli and brad loot again. I know you say admins will be there for disputes, but, before when nakeds could take unearned loot, they were not always there and not always available.  Also, how do the quarries work? How do I know what my output is? I guess we all just wait in line to use it and if someone comes up and takes your output.... tuff? I bet the sales of recyclers and pumpjacks will increase monthly. That's good for server support. 

16 minutes ago, KR6SSY said:

Yay, fighting nakeds for heli and brad loot again. I know you say admins will be there for disputes, but, before when nakeds could take unearned loot, they were not always there and not always available.  Also, how do the quarries work? How do I know what my output is? I guess we all just wait in line to use it and if someone comes up and takes your output.... tuff? I bet the sales of recyclers and pumpjacks will increase monthly. That's good for server support.

And that's how vanilla Rust is played. Death is intentionally realigning the server to vanilla for a reason. If you don't like that, you can always play on Survival or Scourge, which will remain modded. Pure was meant to be the gateway for new players to discover the EZ community, which has been largely lost when Pure left the Community Tab. It has also been a server for new players to learn the game.

Death also said Pure will not have access to the Store, so no purchased PJs or recyclers. Gotta do it the old fashion way.

As for the admin concerns... no comment.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

We all love the/rec /silt /silt commands. These make the server worth playing, makes the use of the VIP command for /rec anyways. I do approve of making these permanent for vip (/rec anyways)

/rec command can be exchanged for a one time drop and place recycler in base? That would be sufficient?

/sil /silt command is awesome as you can add some nice pictures to decor your home. I believe this addon brings out the role player in everyone.

the salvaged hammer tool it’s a rustez household item! Everyone loves this thing! But I suppose build it once, and make it right will make things interesting.

decay? Yes bring on a low decay to encourage the farm. Pipes is easy enough to move from box to tc for upkeep. 

That’s my 2 cents worth look forward to the new changes.

Edited by WooKiE_MaN