Feedback & Suggestions

Death

• Death pinned this topic
  • Zombies with a random coefficient that is multiplied into all of their stats (like speed, physical size, hit points, damage, and currency reward on kill).
  • Being able to purchase specific pregenned "air drop" kits using kill currency, like buying a "wood" kit which contains things like hatchets and wood, a "metal" kit with HQM, metal frags, pickaxes, et cetera. If things like axes, hammers, pickaxes, et cetera, are removed, being able to buy single chainsaws or jackhammers would also be good.
  • Player speed being reduced as zombies get closer, for each zombie, to mimic being mobbed and grabbed.
  • Like 2

Incorporate rules on the Casual server, Like pvp monuments and looting is legal. Right now if feels the same as survival with more angry animals (zombies). I like it so far but because it so close survival it got stale very quickly  

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I'm enjoying the server, thanks! One of the reasons I wanted to try it out is to find a more challenging experience. My suggestion would be to include fewer mods (or downgrade some) to keep it a constant challenge. Things like No VIP perks (recycle/drop), fewer set homes allowed, basic loot tables, no pipes. Even a max number of revives per 24 hours  -- or make revive number 2+ so darn expensive to buy that an in-game death is something you seriously have to work hard to avoid.

I also like the other suggestions for upping zombie spawn rates and night hordes.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3

• Restricting administrator powersets - if it's not related to banning or unbanning players, it should be restricted.
  • Helicopters targeting zombies which are hostile (chasing players or animals).
  • PvP enabled: no damage taken while building privileged, but being unable to do damage to players outside of 3x - 4x building privilege distance while building privileged.
  • Altered method of obtaining Wood:
    • New World Object: Log
      • Chopping trees produces nothing until the tree is cut, which spawns a Log where the tree fell.
      • Logs may be cut with chainsaws, hatchets, or salvaged hatchets to produce Wood, but it would not be as efficient as a Sawmill.
      • Logs may be pushed, like boats.
    • New Monument: Sawmill
      • Nearly identical to quarries, Logs are processed in Sawmills to create Wood - consumes LGF to do so.
    • New Chest Item: Harness
      • Harnesses may be attached to items that are pushable to drag them behind the player wearing the harness.
      • Harnesses equip to the chest armour slot and are therefore compatible with wetsuits and shirts, but not snow jackets, hazmat suits, or other items which take up the chest armour slot.
Edited by Knave of Hearts
  • Like 1

We have all indicated that we want zombies to damage structures when they come upon them. Would make building a challenge. But since the wipe is coming, maybe something to consider after wipe?

Also, the zombies seem to get distracted by the animals. Shouldn't both of their main target be a human and not each other?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Knave of Hearts said:
  • Restricting administrator powersets - if it's not related to banning or unbanning players, it should be restricted.
  • Helicopters targeting zombies which are hostile (chasing players or animals).
  • PvP enabled: no damage taken while building privileged, but being unable to do damage to players outside of 3x - 4x building privilege distance while building privileged.
  • Altered method of obtaining Wood:
    • New World Object: Log
      • Chopping trees produces nothing until the tree is cut, which spawns a Log where the tree fell.
      • Logs may be cut with chainsaws, hatchets, or salvaged hatchets to produce Wood, but it would not be as efficient as a Sawmill.
      • Logs may be pushed, like boats.
    • New Monument: Sawmill
      • Nearly identical to quarries, Logs are processed in Sawmills to create Wood - consumes LGF to do so.
    • New Chest Item: Harness
      • Harnesses may be attached to items that are pushable to drag them behind the player wearing the harness.
      • Harnesses equip to the chest armour slot and are therefore compatible with wetsuits and shirts, but not snow jackets, hazmat suits, or other items which take up the chest armour slot.

I’m not entirely sure these things can be done. Unless I’ve missed harnesses being a thing or saw mills in Rust. Again, I could be wrong. As is, I think pvp would be cool. Something similar to Casual would be perfect because landmarks usually do have the better loot 

I like the ideas what @Aurora said, keep the mods to a minimum and most if not all, vip perks off. Don't get me wrong, I am totally missing my /rec like u would not believe. "I still be pushing the bind key by habit". The way I see it, we should be living in a world where zombies rule the land and we are the easy prey just trying to stay alive

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Death said:

@Vonblood I don't see VIP perks changing that :P

@Aurora There needs to be cushion otherwise people will just rage quit left and right.

IDK, I feel like this is naturally leaning toward being the advanced/hard RustEZ server; once you get past day two on Survival, there's no real danger or threat any more aside from the occasional bear, for example. Scourge is more tense, challenging, and high-energy: there were quite a few moments where we were all on edge and @Killerbabe would react to her phone going off and the rest of us would jump. It's a fun challenge as it is (though it can and should be made more difficult), and I think that pay-to-win on Scourge would cheapen or pollute it. As was said in Discord last night, "you can't please everyone or accommodate everyone's playstyle" and I feel that Scourge should be aimed to please the players who want a higher difficulty level. 

• Love 1

• Staff

@Knave of Hearts The goal of this server is to do something different, with that being said removing all paid services would not be a smart move otherwise we'd have no funding for the future. Scourge will be very similar to what Survival is now, just lighter in the sense of fewer plugins. I still plan to make chores less tedious and balance the aspect of danger with functionality so you can take a break from jumping out of your seat and have some fun.

Team system and looting

I feel as if the team necessity to access containers over just TC auth is a little excessive. I personally jump between p4ck3ts3nd3r and GreenSnapper's team as I'm based with two seperate people, and having to constantly switch teams to access things is a little much. I think just regular auth could do it for some people in my opinion.

My thoughts on the server as it interests myself:

1. No quarries ever!!! (feel it would create a target rich enviroment)

2. Portable Recycler is a NO... i would suggges the placeable version that we can keep at our houses, but not just drag with us everywhere we go.. you lose the depth of gameplay IMO

3.I think 2 homes MAX should be allowed

4.Love the loot table on zombies

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• Staff

@Kaylisk With the locked cupboards now I can surely tone it down a tad.
@Trifeel
1) Agreed and I hope this helps promote player economy more.
2) The portable recycler will be an option. You don't have to use it if you don't want to.
3) I will not be capping home uses. If you have the caps to spend more power to you.
4) It's too OP and will be nerfed

@Knave of Hearts Sadly we're limited to what's currently available and the majority of that is not possible without disgusting workarounds and generic implementations.

• Love 1

So here are some of the things I've liked from other zombie servers I've played on=

*  More zombies.  Not where you have to kill one every 20' down the road but a few more

*  Tougher zombies, at least 2 head shots with a bow to kill

*  Bots at the airfield.  Seems like there were army guy bots on Survival at rad towns a few wipes back but maybe that was a different server.  One server I really liked had army bots at the AF that took 3-4 head shots with a Python to kill.  But their loot was pretty good including meds & some of them dropped their weapons (SMG's & SAR's)

*  Different types of zombies-  bone armor with spears, some with cleavers, some with bows, played where they had Enoka's (if that's how you spell it) & that was fun.

*  And what I would really love (and I'm positive I'm probably in the minority)=      TERMINUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe check out some of the zombie servers out there (and maybe you already did)=

* Grumpy Old Timers has fun bots at the AF but I think they are going private after the update

*  ZombieHQ=  I spent MANY, MANY hours on this server & it is truly a horde server.  It probably has too many zombies but it also had vendors where you could buy LR's, AK's, rocket launchers, etc pretty much as soon as you spawned in

*  Rustolation has 3 or 4 different types of zombies & it's actually pretty tough until you get at least a bow with a decent amount of arrows.  Their zombies are 3-5 head shots with a bow to kill, super fun

I personally would vote to keep the mods, gather rates, etc as they are.  And i really don't mind if people still get their VIP stuff, the server honestly isn't hard enough that I feel at a disadvantage (and no I'm not VIP). Yes it is basically Survival with zombies & what's wrong with that?  If you take out the mods, VIP, etc then you have Pure with zombies

I'll shut up now, I could probably go on for a while.  But I want to give a huge thank you to Death, I've been craving this kind of server from RustEZ ever since they first mentioned it a while back

-Red

Edited by curveball4
  • Like 1

@curveball4

You raise a lot of interesting points, but my main idea for this server was for it to be like terminus but with no pvp and just add zombies. So far thanks to a lot of good feedback it has risen to be an amazing structure. Although, We aren't probably going to mimic any other servers completely. 

• Like 1

I have a couple ideas for different zombies, as well as other enemies and potential events.

New Zombie/Enemy Types

Zombie Juggernaut

By far the most powerful of anything I'll suggest. A zombie with heavy plate armor from head to toe. also wielding either a low-tier shotgun (Waterpipe or Eoka) or a very powerful melee weapon. Bullets would do very little against this zombie, and engaging it with a shotgun would be suicidal. In terms of health and regeneration, it should be modded up if possible. Otherwise these zombies would be best restricted to spawning in monuments. 

Explosive Zombie

Zombie equipped with satchel charges. Would be primarily built to attack bases or ambush players. Also may potentially bring down bradley at random. These zombies should be extremely rare, but could spawn everywhere.

Zombie Pirate

Zombies marooned on a beach next to boats. Would be equipped with swords, machetes, and other dangerous melee weapons. Their spawns should be exclusive to beach regions, but could also spawn on the little garbage piles on the ocean. 

Tribesman

Non-Zombie enemies that spawn in groups. Uses a mix of primitive melee and ranged weapons. Would be hostile towards all groups, including zombies. Generally should spawn in the forest regions.

Peacekeeper Patrol Officer

Peacekeepers sent out to wipe out any threatening force in the region. Would be equipped with the same weapons standard peacekeepers use in the outpost, and would be linked an event listed below.

New Events

Blood Moon

Every 14 in-game days the spawn rate for zombies would increase by a factor of 25 during a single night. If possible, the night sky should a crimson red. There would be a warning during the previous day to prepare for a blood moon. During this time, zombies would also be able to see you from 250m away, and would have 360 degree detection. 

Peacekeeper Road Patrol

A large peacekeeper patrol (approximately 30 peacekeepers) would start at the outpost and patrol every road to every monument. The patrol would only end after they re-enter the outpost or are wiped out. Attacking the peacekeepers would make you hostile towards the outpost, and they would give you the standard five seconds to disarm. They would also shoot all zombies on the way, making them a mobile safe zone for those who need protection. Destroying nodes around them would still make you hostile towards them and the outpost. 

• Like 1

• Staff

@curveball4 We did away with monument NPCs for the time being because we wanted zombies to rule the land. We do have several types of zombies but to preserve the look and feel we've opted out of using physical weapons. I can't recall ever playing a zombie game where they had weapons :D We also have no interests in changing gather rates and will most likely never go the terminus route as it would nullify all the hard work invested into the farming mechanics of the game.

PS: No, I've never played on a zombie server. I also don't use other servers as inspiration because that'd essentially be copying someone else.

@GreenSnapper That's a lot to process so I'll go over a few keys. 1) Explosive zombies sound interesting. 2) Zombie pirates, tribesman and patrol officers is not the vibe we're going for here. 3) Blood moon is already in the works, instead, hordes will spawn around players every night. Unclear when this will be ready.

• Staff

@Jennykins Doubtful sil will be implemented this month as it barely works in its current state. Fishing will also be implemented once I've done my finishing touches which should be within the next week.

We do store zombie kills to display on your hud so I can easily display them upon command until we get our stats page completed on the website.

Nights currently feel too short to me.  Currently you get a few minutes of pitch black during each transitions and a few minutes of night sky in between.  I'm told the duration of night is just five (5) minutes.  That seems pretty trivial for a zombie server.  At dusk I can go down stairs, get a soda, grab a snack, and use the restroom, and then get back to my computer just in time for dawn to have passed.  Why have a day/night cycle at all at that point?