Feedback & Suggestions

Death

On 7/28/2018 at 4:54 AM, Kaylisk said:

A suggestion to spawn rate of zombies:

At night time, increased by either a 25 or 50% variable, Or just overall increase. 

I agree. when you are new its a challenge, but when you get guns, its a breeze. Not too much, enough to keep looking over your shoulder. 

• Like 1

Would there be any way to add small generators to any sort of drop table, or maybe a way to buy with scrap or in game currency? I'm pretty sure having this option instead of lots of windmills/panels could cut down on unnecessary build sizes and entity lag. Plus they are much more aesthetically pleasing!

• Staff

The generator isn't something I'm looking to add to the game until they're finished. Having infinite energy with no fuel consumption will just destroy the dynamics of the electricity system. Limiting them to store purchases is fair for now.

Hello Dr Professor Death,

Is there any chance we could have the bunny onesie/ears available for purchase on the RustEZ online store? Along with other unobtainable items, such as: Golden eggs? A bronze/silver/gold egg mass drop? Obviously golden eggs give pretty good loot, but I'm sure if you implemented it with a proper pricepoint... I'm sure people would consider it. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

The zombies could use a bit of some sprucing-up to make it a more prominent feature of Scourge tbh cause ATM they are basically easy loot bags that are more of a nuisance than anything. Special zombie types like armored or quicker ones (the heavy plate armor slows movement - perhaps the reverse can be done on zombies?) with weaknesses like only taking damage to the head, or taking damage to the legs for slowed movement (I know in legacy rust you were slowed down if you fell down from above a height). Or radiation zombies that emits extremely high radiation when you're near them and can only be killed from a distance. Or "boss" zombies that are significantly harder to kill, but has better loot. Even roaming hordes of these special zombies that are much harder to deal with - an actual challenge, and something to fear. Custom skins (if possible/viable? see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRoHqifX-io - seems to be possible, but this was 2 years ago) for each special type as well

And during the night time, maybe borrow some ideas from Dying Light, like the Volatile zombies https://dyinglight.fandom.com/wiki/Volatile. Could dress them up as scarecrows or something to mark them special. I know options during the night are limited cause of that weird bug where you kill zombies during night time and it causes you to disconnect, so encouraging more night time kills is probably a bad idea lol

Not sure how much of this is possible, but this would definitely spice up the PvE game besides the usual oil rig/military tunnels/cargo/heli/brad

• Like 3

Something that I had thought about and considered when I first joined (today) is to have 1-Click-Upgrading on buildings instead of using the scroll wheel every time with the hammer. It'd be pretty nifty especially when doing larger builds and trying to upgrade a lot of things  

• Like 1

well hows about.

• Longer nights, (for people like me who like to use lights, and also people that are going to buy the simple lights get way more use out of them)
  • Tool cupboard, to have more space (only if possible)
  • No stability for buildings, only (for VIP) only when in building privilege area
  • Increase Gens, out put from 100 tick's to 200 tick's
  • Force place, items like (for VIP) (paintings,speakers,fireplaces ect) these would also be only for Building privilege area for people to place items on doors or roofs  hard to reach places
Edited by Dia_De_Los_Dead

Geared Zombies

Zombies are only melee rn but to make the game more difficult and fun, geared zombies can be added.

They could be only located in the important monuments (i.e Dome,Airfield,Launch site)

They can drop the regular oil rig scientist loot, have upgraded armor or HP and have either a revolver,double barrel shotgun or a chainsaw.

the credit payout is all up to the difficulty of the zombie.

idk i wanted more fun lol

(i was supposed to make a new topic shit lol)

Edited by Mira
supposed to make a new topic big rip
  • Love 1

I would like to see an elite version one with more HPs and hits harder. something like the screaming witch from Left 4 dead always scared the crap out of me.

Also why should a twig base be able to keep a zombie out? If its twig let the zombies attack it until they can get in and get their meal! Why limit zombies to people? maybe the infection can cross to animals :) Zombie horse running around would be neat. Flaming hoffs or something cool looking.

• Like 1

TLDR: I know that the Scourge servers were made to allow new players get used to the game and help them practice the basics etc. But I do wish that there can be more PvE content to add to the intensity that PvP has that PvE doesnt. As of currently, it feels like at certain point of time in the server, I'm just playing to upkeep my base and/or waiting for the next wipe.

Not gonna promote any other server here but I feel that the Scourge servers need to add more PvE content more than it is now. I visited another server with zombies etc and it actually felt like it has the PvE element to it, and has a steady flow of zombies (like the snow biome that AU Scourge has now) and even has scientists at monuments (dealing reduced damage) and parachuting scientists when there's an event (Player's supply signal) and so on. tbh, it was really winning me over with all the constant action and content that it has, if not for the high ping, I would have stayed there.

Here's the list that I've seen that server has that caught my interest:
1) Destructible planes, that spawns crates and upon taking it down, spawns Heavy scientists that guards the crash site, in which players must kill before looting the crates.

2) Different types of zombies. other than their default zombies, they had unique zombies spawning at monuments, a Scarecrow zombie, Chainsaw zombie etc.

3) Scientists populating Launch Site. Other than the APC at launch site, they have scientists there patrolling the area. I find it rather fitting that there should be scientists there other than a lone APC roaming aimlessly.

4) Occasional auto events (Christmas, Halloween, Easter) They have it too often but if the event trigger were to be less often, it might work out well.

5) Zombies spawns regularly in groups of 5 or more and some times comes in hordes. Clearing the horde rewards with a drop (in that server was a huge airdrop present) that the player can loot.

6) There was a quiz system that rewards the player with small amount of ammo to get by. And an automated giveaway event where it gives very random items to a randomly selected player.

that's most of the good points from that server. other than some additions that they have, floating drops etc, which I feel shouldn't be added.

• Like 2

Hi Guys. Loving the AU server..What are your thoughts on removing the damage to choppers when crashing.

1.     Its pve so you cant fight over the limited resource, 

2.     Ive personally and with regret had to take 5 rust friends to a server that has no chopper dammage so they can learn to fly... They all love the notion if they make a mistake n crash they            bounce around . No matter how much i tryed to bring them to this server they all wanted to stay on a chopper dammage free server...

3.    The more people fly the more resources they use up...

4.     Increase the spawn rate and number of choppers on the map.. again this is pvE so no point having a resource that everyone uses so limited.

5.    To off set the no dammage to choppers you could perhaps increse the decay rate forcing players to use more resources to repair their chopper.

9 hours ago, BM said:

Hi Guys. Loving the AU server..What are your thoughts on removing the damage to choppers when crashing.

1.     Its pve so you cant fight over the limited resource, 

2.     Ive personally and with regret had to take 5 rust friends to a server that has no chopper dammage so they can learn to fly... They all love the notion if they make a mistake n crash they            bounce around . No matter how much i tryed to bring them to this server they all wanted to stay on a chopper dammage free server...

3.    The more people fly the more resources they use up...

4.     Increase the spawn rate and number of choppers on the map.. again this is pvE so no point having a resource that everyone uses so limited.

5.    To off set the no dammage to choppers you could perhaps increse the decay rate forcing players to use more resources to repair their chopper.

Scourge and Survival yeah but not pure as it would not really make sense in pure as there is no mods in it :D

HI guys... any chance adding a text channel to AU Scourge in discord.

Id like to be able to post things Specifically for our guys.

At the moment if people are not on to hear what's happening they have to shift through all ez feeds from all forms of ez play types.. like announcements..

I also don't want to fill up channels full of server specific stuff and annoy everyone.

like our tri race or treasure hunting or little odds n ends that can be server specific.

Lets face it.. if information is not easy to find, and I mean right in their face. they don't bother looking for it...

ok guys cheers 

Hi Guys Loving ya work keep it up.:)

Looking at the new excavator monument.

Everything I've read and seen shows the excavator monument pushing other monuments off the map. im sure u guys have heard the same thing.

Have u thought of using a custom map. still using the procedural map, just making everything fit on to the map. I know customs can some times laggy,

or were u thinking of going to a larger map or are we accepting the loss as the new normal.?

Love to hear ya thoughts ?

• 1 month later...

Had an Idea for a event. Was thinking like some sort of minicopter flying course. Kinda like those drone racing courses. Youd have a certain number of people race through the course in minis and have a few rounds of racing.

If someones already suggested this then just ignore me lol

Edited by Lolroy
  • Like 1