Feedback & Suggestions

Death

Speaking of spending everything we amass, It seems we are amassing quite a bit of server credits with not too much to spend them on.

Some Ideas:

• Holiday items - perhaps for quite a bit of credits people could purchase things like the coffin, graveyard fence or other holiday decoration items, or you have a mystery box with a random holiday item in it?

• Horses and cars (if possible)

• Material mystery box - A box with random bits of mats in them such as wood, stone, metal etc...

• Component mystery box - A box with random components in them such as springs, tarps, rope etc...

• Starter box - 1 campfire, 1 sleeping bag, 1TC, 1 hammer and 1 Building plan

• Blueprint mystery box - Random blueprint

• Daily or weekly Lottery - (not sure how this would be done exactly) but using credits once a day or once a week players can enter a daily lottery where they could possibly win a decent amount of scrap.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

So @Aurora and I were chatting, and I think she came up with an awesome idea. Using the bucket as a deployable container that you can plant one seed for decorative purposes. The plant wouldn't yield fruit, just be decorative and either not wither, or would wither at a significantly lower rate.

Another idea I have heard - Plantable trees - perhaps purchased with server points, trees for decorative purposes could look really neat.

Also possibly increasing the regrowth rate of trees on the server, since the growth rate of wood doesn't seem to have a great impact on the server economy (most people get wood from stone at outpost after the first couple of days anyway) and we love the look of our forests ❤️

Another, kinda out there idea, and probably more work than you want to put in... Bats. :D you could have a bat habitat that collects poop that can be used as or turned into fertalizer as well as having the bats near crops help them grow faster :) I love bees, but everyone uses bees. bats need love too! XD

• Love 1

Loving the constant updates and work being put in @Death good job bro!!

My only issue is one which has been discusssed previously, and again today. HUUUUUUGGGGGEEEEEEEE 1km bases and render lag. By mid/end wipe server is not really enjoyable as i usually go from 100+fps @1440p to barely holding onto 50+. We was talking and maybe if we could implement some kind of exponential decay to kind of discourage these massive bases and make a better experience for all. Like the bigger the base is the higher the decay? And purging of inactive players, bases on a weekly basis?

4 hours ago, GoRiLLa said:

Loving the constant updates and work being put in @Death good job bro!!

My only issue is one which has been discusssed previously, and again today. HUUUUUUGGGGGEEEEEEEE 1km bases and render lag. By mid/end wipe server is not really enjoyable as i usually go from 100+fps @1440p to barely holding onto 50+. We was talking and maybe if we could implement some kind of exponential decay to kind of discourage these massive bases and make a better experience for all. Like the bigger the base is the higher the decay? And purging of inactive players, bases on a weekly basis?

We are having a discussion about it here, if you want to include yourself in the conversation.

Also inactive players are purged every 10 days. Any lower and I think people might revolt.

Edited by Sararainmaker

On 8/17/2020 at 8:41 PM, alexanightfire said:

It would be awesome if the teas that provide bonuses (like % ore when mining) were tweaked to last beyond death if you revive yourself! Just tested and if you revive with an ore tea boost, you lose the boost regardless of how much boost time you have left :(. Thanks!

Yes, please @Death

I spent 2+ hours farming to get the berries to make a pure ore tea... died about 5 minutes after drinking.  Would love to see the tea bonus persist through death -- or  only on a revive (versus respawn) would also be a great option!

• Haha 1
  • Love 2

On 8/19/2020 at 3:01 PM, Sexually Active Toyota Prius said:

April fools Idea, 

Make it so you can pick up players with the salvaged hammer, and you can deploy them like Pokemon. You would probably have to make revives free for all of the day but it was be a amazing April fools.

On paper this sounds neat, but in reality there are just WAY too many ways this can be abused and would be more than annoying, the most pressing of which is no one would want to spend time in someones pocket, not be able to play and would just log off. and of course the abuses abound would be more than annoying for the admins.

On 8/30/2020 at 3:53 AM, Medeiros said:

Maybe add more ways to get credits like a "/vote" command, similar to other servers? It would boost the server's position in Rust serverlist websites and give players another way to get some credits. 

Selling mats and explosives to the black market generally gives more credits than people could spend, I think we would need more ways to spend them before thinking about more ways to get them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sararainmaker said:

Selling mats and explosives to the black market generally gives more credits than people could spend, I think we would need more ways to spend them before thinking about more ways to get them.

Unless you're like me and spend all your caps on mini's because you keep crashing them! ahaha

In all seriousness though I would also love more things to buy with caps. The current market is very limiting and right now it feels like the main objective behind having caps is to just be on a leaderboard.

10 hours ago, Medeiros said:

(sorry for the 2 posts in a row but I can't find the edit button above)
Here's another suggestion: make the Jackhammer and Chainsaw count towards the mining and woodcutting skills.

The difference in speed between these and the other tools for gaining xp is too massive. There would be no point to using any other tool. As it stands right now I feel it's a nice balance between using lower-tier tools to get xp, then using these tools to farm the materials after having a decent level.

Alternatively: greatly reduced xp gain per hit on these tools to make it so it is balanced in comparison, though I see no reason to fix what 'ain't broke =P

On 7/30/2020 at 3:15 PM, Sararainmaker said:

Speaking of spending everything we amass, It seems we are amassing quite a bit of server credits with not too much to spend them on.

Some Ideas:

Can't add a quote to an edit, so sorry for the double-post!

To branch off of this, why not have a material 'buy' section? The costs could be massively different from the sell section (at like, a 100% overcharge rate or something similar), but this could help eliminate some excess caps while also giving some players a way to purchase mats in a tick when needed. An example would be as such: Wood is sold to the server right now for 20,000 for 50 points, but a 'buy' section would sell you something like 2,000 wood for 500 caps. This crazy high price would deter players from abusing it, but would be invaluable to those that just need a bit more wood/stone/whatever to finish something they're working on in game.

• 4 weeks later...

I love the servers. Played Survival and scourge. I got some things for maybe to change?

NPC Bases
Maybe add more NPC bases? Now you got 1 in 30/60minutes? With 4 stages. Why isnt there more in a time? I've played both servers and I've often had the situation where someone was already working on the base. Then unfortunately I can't raid the base and I have to wait again. Someone may take it again. You actually have too few PVP things to do in the server which keeps you busy. In Scourge, for example, you have the upkeep that you have to keep up with, but after a long time grinding for your stone / wood / metal you have seen it again, because boring. For example, I wouldn't mind some variation of bases or more bases in a certain time. I saw in a server that they had 4 bases in 30 minutes. 2 Hard bases and 2 medium bases. 

Events?

A little bit the same as what i mentioned, but maybe more events? After a while you only grinding and doing the same things. Oil rig, cargo ship, taking heli down, puzzles isn't worth it after a while you playing. Maybe add some events that you have more things to do? Like what @DifanceRmentioned in July 29. You got a box full with sulf, gunpowder, guns etc. But you cant really use it.. Thats kinda sad. And i know its a PVE server. But a couple PVP things with NPC isnt really bad? You as person have the option to enter. 

In the server you get points, thats nice, but the way to spend them is not much. Maybe add more things to buy or something? I dont know how to make this better, but for now its not really good in my opinion.. 

Thats my feedback. I love to play on the servers, so keep it up ❤️

- Wesley 

• Like 1

• Staff

@Wesley

NPC Bases

While I don't believe we'll increase the spawn rate, we have different types of bases planned. Right now, it's just Garrisons. We have Outposts and Prisons planned. We also plan to revisit the loot for Garrisons soon.

Events

Events are important to us, and we do them as much as possible. With everything going on globally, we're a bit short-handed and do not have enough hands to run events right now regularly.

The new black market update coming sometime in October will significantly expand what a player can buy and sell.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 months later...

@Broon Khavar it was a feature before where lanterns, tuna can lamp as well as ceiling lights would use no fuel. It was disabled with the introduction of electricity to force people to use the electrical system to light their base.

There were a lot of complaints on performance where people had dropping frames because they spammed tuna can lamps all over the place as well as lanterns. The orange warm glow looks nice. But 100+ tuna can lamps is kind of laggy.

Edited by aNoNiM
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I and several other players on US Scourge were discussing ideas on how to prevent the Bradley from being so heavily camped, and here's a conglomeration of the ideas I gathered to help with that.

(If Possible...)

• Tweak Bradley to Spawn with a rate more equivalent to Cargoship or Patrol Heli (or more often, as necessary).
  • Potential for Leveling system like the Patrol Heli, giving more loot or better loot at a higher level. Maybe even harder to kill at a higher level, forcing more resources, and potentially teamwork. (This could work well alongside the damage-loot script, whenever it's re-implemented.)
  • Icon on the HUD when it's active, like the Heli, CH47, and etc, and a chat announcement when it spawns (so people don't need to sit inside Launch Site, they can just wait on the announcement).

Obviously I don't know if any of this is possible, but if they're all working together, I do believe it would solve the camping issue that (at least) US Scourge seems to have.

• Like 1