Feedback & Suggestions

Death

One thing that was mentioned a couple days ago when the topic of Brad came up is announce the person who killed it in chat. People are absolutely camping, not farming. Putting their name out there gives a little more publicity that they may not like. Also more proof of who's camping it.

Edited by rubiks-q-bert
  • Sad 1

Vin and I have been having a blast (pun intended) with garrisons. We especially love that an enterprising raider can put down a TC and relieve the building of its deployables in a fun little race until everything decays. So I have two suggestions:

1. Make it more of a "lived-in" base with diversity in its deployables- maybe a lvl 2, maybe a generator, and of course some pookies! Beyond acting as decoration, this would maker things more tactical as you would want to preserve certain things like a workbench from splash damage.
  2. Minicopter hangar / boathouse / horse barn- this fits with the theme of making the garrisons more lived-in, but also offers the possibility of some loot that you simply can't get anywhere except from the black market or monuments. I'd be so psyched to have a way to get minicopters again other than scrap or caps. Or even just get a horse to ride off into the sunset with after taking the loot.

6 hours ago, rubiks-q-bert said:

One thing that was mentioned a couple days ago when the topic of Brad came up is announce the person who killed it in chat. People are absolutely camping, not farming. Putting their name out there gives a little more publicity that they may not like. Also more proof of who's camping it.

>New player on server
>Kills Bradley once
>Name announced to whole server
> "Stop camping bradley loser!1!!"
>Stops playing on RustEZ

• Like 2

It's more for the person that keeps killing Brad in a row. I seen a few doing that when watching the cctv i placed around launch that were hiding in buildings and same person that  goes offline just outside the blue room in Airfield. Doubt anyone would say anything if a newbie kills him. Been taking names of people i seen hiding just to notify them that i am watching when i run up to them.

7 hours ago, SKUDRUNNER said:

>New player on server
>Kills Bradley once
>Name announced to whole server
> "Stop camping bradley loser!1!!"
>Stops playing on RustEZ

Yeah that's not how that would work at all...  Why would anyone call out someone for killing it once. Like Watcher said, it's the people that literally camp and log out there.

41 minutes ago, Watcher said:

It's more for the person that keeps killing Brad in a row. I seen a few doing that when watching the cctv i placed around launch that were hiding in buildings and same person that  goes offline just outside the blue room in Airfield. Doubt anyone would say anything if a newbie kills him. Been taking names of people i seen hiding just to notify them that i am watching when i run up to them.

Report em for camping. Pretty sure if they are logging out there or never going anywhere else, that's camping. "● No camping loot rooms, monuments or any highly concentrated areas" 

Just some feedback with the zombies, I find that the zombies don't pose enough of a threat. They are very easy to kill and are too few in numbers. I think there may be some room to increase their health or even increase their numbers. It's too simple to just pop zombies in the noggin with a revolver or bow and go about your day. I'd love to actually feel threatened when a horde of zombies come sprinting towards me.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Doctrine said:

Just some feedback with the zombies, I find that the zombies don't pose enough of a threat. They are very easy to kill and are too few in numbers. I think there may be some room to increase their health or even increase their numbers. It's too simple to just pop zombies in the noggin with a revolver or bow and go about your day. I'd love to actually feel threatened when a horde of zombies come sprinting towards me.

Adding to this, if they could chase you into buildings or get onto a platform instead of just standing there saying shoot me please...

20 hours ago, Doctrine said:

19 hours ago, rubiks-q-bert said:

Adding to this, if they could chase you into buildings or get onto a platform instead of just standing there saying shoot me please...

The number of zombies per grid was recently decreased, although I'm not sure it has been raised again yet. The number of zombies on the map has always been a point of contention, as a large amount of bodies usually brings more lag. This was especially noticeable in places like Bandit Camp, where the bandits were almost always shooting trying as zombies just kept flooding in.

As for their pathing, I don't think that's something that can be fixed by a server owner. I think our zombies are modified slightly, but the zombies are actually built into the game itself, pretty sure we're just using a plugin to have them constantly enabled. The zombies follow similar, if not the same, pathing as other AI, like Animals or Scientists. Where a map is procedurally generated and so is the AI's pathing on the map, the pathing for any random combination of player buildings on top of that map is not pathed.

20 hours ago, Doctrine said:

I think there may be some room to increase their health

If possible to do, I like this.

Edited by SKUDRUNNER
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2020 at 9:35 AM, SKUDRUNNER said:

I and several other players on US Scourge were discussing ideas on how to prevent the Bradley from being so heavily camped, and here's a conglomeration of the ideas I gathered to help with that.

(If Possible...)

• Tweak Bradley to Spawn with a rate more equivalent to Cargoship or Patrol Heli (or more often, as necessary).
  • Potential for Leveling system like the Patrol Heli, giving more loot or better loot at a higher level. Maybe even harder to kill at a higher level, forcing more resources, and potentially teamwork. (This could work well alongside the damage-loot script, whenever it's re-implemented.)
  • Icon on the HUD when it's active, like the Heli, CH47, and etc, and a chat announcement when it spawns (so people don't need to sit inside Launch Site, they can just wait on the announcement).

Obviously I don't know if any of this is possible, but if they're all working together, I do believe it would solve the camping issue that (at least) US Scourge seems to have.

Just thought of another way to satiate people's desire for taking Bradley- Add a Bradley Distress Signal to the Black Market. Works similar to the Heli signals, except it's more expensive and only spawns at Launch Site. Two can't be spawned at the same time, similar to heli. Always gives a chat announcement when a personal Bradley is deployed, and takes 30 seconds to actually spawn, allowing other players time to take cover or vacate before it does spawn. Should probably have a cooldown, if possible.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, SKUDRUNNER said:

Just thought of another way to satiate people's desire for taking Bradley- Add a Bradley Distress Signal to the Black Market. Works similar to the Heli signals, except it's more expensive and only spawns at Launch Site. Two can't be spawned at the same time, similar to heli. Always gives a chat announcement when a personal Bradley is deployed, and takes 30 seconds to actually spawn, allowing other players time to take cover or vacate before it does spawn. Should probably have a cooldown, if possible.

I think the Bradley Distress Signal is a good idea, given that it is balanced out right on the Black Market. 

• 2 weeks later...

My feedback id like to give is stopping ppl building near any of the monuments.  Everyone ive been to there is least 1-5 bases right near it so they can run out and farm them.  Id like to see no bases at all 2 squares at least near any of them to stop monument camping.  Ive only been on the server a few days but seeing all the bases near them just makes it harder for other players to enjoy the content.

Other feedback id like to put in is why have us earn currency if they is nothing for us to buy with it but a few things but all other is locked behind a paywall.  This is not a F2P game this is a paid game so least make some of them stuff added to the black market.  I understand servers need to be paid for which is why im VIP but all the other stuff i just look at and go wow cos they are only for a month.

Well thats my feedback so far.  Cool server and hope to see improvement

Edited by Ghastous
  • Like 1

Hi there Death. Been playing loads and now the servers are getting more and more busy is there a way to speed up excavator and other timed events. Waiting for someone else to finish excavator on a PVE server is a waste of time really. Hope this is possible and maybe speeding up the spawns of events e.g. Heli Bradley due to everyone wanting to do them. Also has the NPC garrisons been removed??

Thanks

James

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jammers said:

Hi there Death. Been playing loads and now the servers are getting more and more busy is there a way to speed up excavator and other timed events. Waiting for someone else to finish excavator on a PVE server is a waste of time really. Hope this is possible and maybe speeding up the spawns of events e.g. Heli Bradley due to everyone wanting to do them. Also has the NPC garrisons been removed??

Thanks

James

Garrison NPC has been removed recently.

I think in the next wype we will get them again.

Speaking about Garrison NPC, this could be reworked.

The three existing types, all of them we can farm all the same way.

The way that I find easier, requires 2 ladders, 6 C4 and 3 rockets.

It's a bit fustrating have allways the same way of doing Garrison NPC, because Garrison NPC Traps and Layout never change.

This could be something that can be random? 

You create for example 3 or 4 types of random bases for the 3 levels of Garrison and then, they spawn randomly.

• Love 1

Hello, I'm new to your server and I don't know if it has already been asked in other posts, but is it possible to add plugin the quest in game and also the mode that you can buy raid versus npc by spending the "dollars" earned in game? even  npc raidable base would be fantastic  🙂 Adding these two plugins you would be the perfect server thx

• Like 1

NPC base raiding as a purchase instead of a spawn , you can use RP  points to buy easy through to nightmare 4 difficulties on other servers ,
Skin box using workshop items
increase the zombie spawns

Monument bosses , saw this on another server and it was super fun to run through monuments with npc bosses and zombies specific to biome

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

2 Windmill Limit

Remove the spotlights, the most frame killing crap ever, instant 20 fps loss if in view.

72 hours offline and base goes poof. You know for those twigs towers no one ever finishes.

Day 2 when i log into 25 spotlights and 14 windmills per base.....48fps, Zeds skipping around like a slide show.

#SaveTheFrames

• Like 2

• Staff

Server records the player who got kill shot (or above a certain % damage) on brad/heli/garrisons when the same player comes to do it again (server checks records) they do 0 damage (not scourge distress signal heli.)
Maybe there's other ways around it but essentially to stop the idea that people either do (or people believe they do) multiple brad/heli/garrisons in a row/daily with some sort of time-out that possibly lessens the toxicity and policing that admins do.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 4 weeks later...